Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

micro tourney's suck!!!!

Old
micro tourney's suck!!!! - Tue Feb 21, 2012, 04:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
o'k i need anouther rant recently i have been going deep into micro tourney's i have had 89th finish in the sat micro 15600 entrants 47 dollers crap! last night 80th with 7000 entrants and last week 69th in anouther and all those placings have only frustrated me as i keep going cards dead it's like the game tells me ur going no further i keep getting cards like Q2 94 85 36 over and over till i have to shove with average hands one thing i have noticed if u are patient and wait but while waiting u go very low on chips wen ur low no matter how strong ur hand u get called and dumped out this mornin i was so angry and tired after 7 hours in a tourney i went and blasted all my bankroll in a 2 doller rebuy it's like the game knew i was on tilt as no hand won in over 40 dollers of rebuy's MADNESS! AA AK AQ nothing now i have to wait a week b4 i can put doller on again that sucks the reason i'm as annoyed as i am is anytime there is good tourney's on i never have the roll to play them the red spade looks class now i'm broke SICK! i'm a wolly but why do i consistanly go card dead it's damaging doing so well but not being rewarded with bankroll since reading on here i have improoved my strategy but i suppose i get so angry that my good cards come to a halt and others continue on ahh thats me today anyway back to freerolls for me

Old
Tue Feb 21, 2012, 04:37 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Jimmy!

Something I'd look at in this situation is bankroll management. For an MTT, the recommended number of buy-ins to be able to play at a given level is 100X. Therefore, if my bankroll is $40, then I really only should be playing in 40 cent mtt's (although, since there aren't any 40 cent games, I'd play a mix of quarter and 50 cent games).
For a typical $2.20 rebuy, the normal amount of rebuy/add-on's that I'd expect is 3-4. This means that the game will typically cost $6.60 to $8.80. By the bankroll numbers, I'd need to have a $660-880 bankroll, in order to be properly funded for a variance run in these tournaments.

Hope this helps.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
tnx for reply - Tue Feb 21, 2012, 04:57 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
i agree with the varience but i will never adapt the bankroll management as i never have much money and just don't like winning pittins or playing for pittins i believe i'm good at the game i'm playing a long time i'm just frustrated i suppose the breakthrough in varience never seems to come i spend hours a day just breaking even i'm proud that i get so far in mtts but hate the cash result as i'm aware that varience means i won't do well for anouther few tourney's just have to suck it up i suppose sorry for frustrations but just being honest

Old
Mon Mar 05, 2012, 05:41 AM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2010
Stop playing just the cards! Take advantage of the weaker plays at the table and use your position more!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com