Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Member Blogs / Member of the Month /

MoM Application

Old
MoM Application - Tue Feb 21, 2012, 04:31 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2011
Hi, This is my application for Member of the Month!

I first started seriously playing poker, online or otherwise, in May of last year. While I have dabbled in PLO and Badugi, I am mostly a NLHE tournement player. Fairly early on I somehow managed cash in the Top 4 of $4.40 4max. It was kind of all down hill from there. Over the next 7-8 months I struggled with my game, going from complete novice, to having just enough information to hurt myself.

I spent a lot of hours here on the forums, and watching the video's and participating where I could in the Live Training.

In November I decided to make a real effort to do well in the PSO Open League. And I had a small success, with a min cash. Followed in December with a "Slightly Better" than min cash and my first Premiere League Ticket, which I even managed a min cash with.

It was very exciting for me, and I capped off the excitement with a big win in a Bigger $5.50 toward the end of January! I did, and still do credit the PSO, and the trainers for both teaching and putting up with me.

The best lesson I've learned so far is definately patience, and I learned that through the PSO Open League. That lesson is detailed in the blog post I am submitting for this application.

For the most part my poker education comes right from the forum, live training and training videos right here on PSO. I've started listening to various poker podcasts, and while they are entertaining and educational, I still find that most of their information is at a much higher level than I am, and in the end, I can ask the questions I specificly have here, not to podcasts!

Here's my Blog Post:
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=24757

Here's my Forum Entry:
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ament-VS.-Cash

And here's my facebook link:
http://www.facebook.com/avbphotography?sk=wall

Hope this is all in order, and I truly am excited for the opportunity to help promote, and represent the PSO as Member of the Month!

L8r

**FEB MoM REQUIREMENTS MET**

Last edited by JDean; Wed Feb 22, 2012 at 04:21 AM..

Old
Tue Feb 21, 2012, 05:04 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hi BandShooter!

Nice story; it is one I think a lot of people on PSO have in common with you!

It is very gratifying to hear that the forum and live training sessions have done so much to help you!

All your links appear in order, but there is one final thing you must do to have a qualified application for this month. It is pretty simple though...

All you still have to do is post the links to your blog and forum post here on your facebook, and you will be qualified for FEB!

I will check back after I go play some live cards tonight, and if you've updated by then I will mark your app as "requirements met" and you will be in!

If you have already posted the links on your facebook, then your wall is probably marked "private". Those links have to be view-able by all (so we can verify PSO promotion via facebook).

As long as you help promote PSO by the end of FEB you will be qualified.

See you!

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 21, 2012, 06:11 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
My bad. Forgot about the privacy, and didn't realize I had to post the forum post as well. Both issues should now be rectified!

Old
Wed Feb 22, 2012, 04:20 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hi BandShooter.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Everything is now perfect!

Good luck this month!

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com