Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

PokerStars Sunday Million 6th Anniversary

Old
PokerStars Sunday Million 6th Anniversary - Wed Feb 22, 2012, 11:16 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010

Turn $1 into $1,000,000 with the Sunday Million 6th Anniversary!

The PokerStars Sunday Million turns six -years old on March 11. To celebrate, the guaranteed prize pool is being bumped up to an incredible $6,000,000, with at least $1,000,000 for the winner.

This special-edition tournament takes place at 14:30 ET and has a direct buy-in of $215, but you can qualify for less via hundreds of satellites in the lead up to March 11. There will also be a special 1,000 seat guaranteed satellite running just before the big Sunday Million kicks off, with feeder satellites starting from only $1.

To buy-in direct or register for a satellite, open the PokerStars lobby, and click ‘Tourney’ & ‘Special’.

Sunday Million Anniversary Facts and Team Pro Testimonials

The Sunday Million has racked up some impressive numbers since the first time it ran in 2006:

Total Number of Sunday Million tourneys: 278

First Ever Winner: ‘aaaaaaaa’ (USA)
Total Prize Pool: $444,149,600
Total Entries: 2,116,513

Team PokerStars Pro will be taking part in the 6th Anniversary edition. Here’s why the biggest names in poker love playing this tourney, plus some tips on how play:

Bertrand ‘ElkY’ Grospellier

“My favourite memory of the big Sunday tournament on PokerStars is the time I finished 12th. This was my first really deep run in a tournament of this size, and I was so excited. There is a huge Sunday Million on March 11, with $1M guaranteed for first. It may not feel the same for me as the first time I went deep, but I'll be trying just as hard. See you there.”

Jason Mercier

“When I think of the Sunday Million, I think back to being a 19-21 year old kid, grinding mid-stakes, looking for that big tournament score. I would get excited every week to play the Sunday Million, hoping that would be the day that I would have my first six-figure score.”

Johnny Lodden

“This is one of the few tournaments where you can really score big. I have fun memories of playing the Sunday Million with my buddies, with football games on TV in the background. A friend won a big Sunday tournament in the old days, and first prize was $8,000. A long way from where we are now!”

Liv Boeree

“When playing the Sunday Million, it’s important to be patient. It attracts huge numbers, and in order to navigate your way through, you have to learn to play the waiting game if the cards don’t cooperate.”

Lex Veldhuis

“I like to play really aggressive in the Sunday Million, because there are so many players who wait for this tournament all week, and are too careful with their chips. This allows you to build a big stack early on, and cruise once you have it.”

Please visit our PokerStars Sunday Million 6th Anniversary **OFFICIAL DISCUSSION**

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Last edited by CannonLee; Wed Feb 22, 2012 at 11:20 AM..

Old
Tue Mar 06, 2012, 01:59 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
This Sunday Best of Luck to all who take part

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

T2C

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com