Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

pso

Old
pso - Thu Feb 23, 2012, 04:38 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
why is it i see i make points when i finsh 2000 out of 10000, yet when i look at other players in the top of the leaderboard they lose points for finshing 2000 out of 10000. Is it cause they play more tourneys then me ???. and is it better to play more then less touneys

Old
Thu Feb 23, 2012, 05:02 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi archrandy!

The points that a player receives is based on a number of things. One of them is what your current score is. The higher your score gets, the harder it will be to gain points and the easier it will be to lose points.
Here's a link to the section on the league scoring, with the factors that are taken into account.

Hope this helps.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 23, 2012, 05:06 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hello Archrandy.

The PSO league scoring system uses criteria besides your bust out position to determine your score. It factors in:

- Field size
- "Strength" of Field (the scores of all players in the field)
- Your start of event score
- Your finish position

So if your monthly score is very LOW to start the event, you do not need to finish as deeply to gain points than someone who has a higher monthly score to start the event.

Someone who plays a lot of tournaments early in the month when all scores are low will probably gain score faster than someone who does not play as much, but as their score increases they must finish BETTER in order to continue gaining points in the league. At that point, someone who plays fewer games, but who finishes much better (on average) can "catch up".

Using this sort of scoring system helps to balance the league somewhat, so that simply playing a lot of tournaments does not give you too huge an advantage.

For a full explanation of the scoring system, please see this link: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...coring-Formula

thanks for being a part of PSO, and I hope to see you around the forums!

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 23, 2012, 05:32 PM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2011
thanks guys thats great see you at the tables

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com