Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

First game in open skill league this morning/overnight

Old
First game in open skill league this morning/overnight - Fri Feb 24, 2012, 01:34 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Couldn't get to sleep last night , didn't sleep well the night so decided to stay up all night to fix my sleep by staying up all night last night.... I messed around with some freerolls to pass the time, one of them being an open skill league.

I finished just inside the money 80ish out of 10,000, and was looking at the scoring while I was playing and trying to work out what the best strategy is given this structure which I have a rough idea of.

Did a google search but can't find anything much.

Can someone link me to a thread here ?

I understand that volume plays a big part and also that because of the 'point payout structure' being very different to money MTT $ payout structure this affects strategy.

I can see that gaining a big stack early and sitting out could be worth it at times.

I basically want to know how difficult it is to get into the top 500 and if it's worth my time. Otherwise I'll go play 180 man SNG for my MTT fix and play in the big $X.X0s from time to time hoping for a luckbox final table to boost my BR.

I've realised that getting anywhere in cash games will be a long time coming so MTTs appeal with the potential for a final table.

Old
Fri Feb 24, 2012, 01:36 AM
(#2)
Oh and when should I be able to search for my open league points in the leaderboard, do I have to wait for that tournament to finish (20ish players left now)?

Old
Fri Feb 24, 2012, 01:55 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Jamster81!

Here is a link to the MTT Course that has the skill league strategy.

Also, the scores do not update until after the tourneys are finished.

Hope this helps.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 24, 2012, 03:32 AM
(#4)
Tourney has long finished can't search for myself on the leaderboard? Could there be a problem?

Old
Fri Feb 24, 2012, 04:57 AM
(#5)
Ah updated now.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com