Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

Sunday Special - Home Games 26th February

Old
Default
Sunday Special - Home Games 26th February - Fri Feb 24, 2012, 04:28 PM
(#1)
TheLangolier's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,499
(Head Trainer)
Come join Dave "TheLangolier" for some Home Game Action! We will be welcoming into the mix the new PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club! In order to join the club and play in the tournaments see the announcement here: PSO Community Home Games Club

We will be running 3 tournaments for the Sunday Special... a play chip buy in (US friendly event - everyone is welcome to play), a $1.10, and a $5.50.

As a special incentive to introduce the club, if we reach 150 players in the play chip game, the winner will receive a 1 hour free private coaching from me! If we reach 100 players in the $1.10 buy in, that winner will receive a 1 hour free private coaching. And if we hit 50 players in the $5.50 game, that winner will also receive a 1 hour free private coaching.

Come out and join us to welcome in the new club, and Good Luck!!! You can register for the Sunday Special >>Here<<

See you Sunday!!!


Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner




Last edited by TheLangolier; Fri Feb 24, 2012 at 04:34 PM..
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 24, 2012, 06:57 PM
(#2)
Bill Curran's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,506
Does this mean that the PSO Live Training Club is now defunct ?

 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 24, 2012, 07:05 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
Good deal,free coaching is a big plus.
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 24, 2012, 07:13 PM
(#4)
TheLangolier's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,499
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Curran View Post
Does this mean that the PSO Live Training Club is now defunct ?

Hi Bill,

Not 100% sure tbh, if we will run all future Live Training Home Games in the community club or not. For now the Live Training club is still open, but we haven't run anything there except the Sunday Special Home Games.

Dave


Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner



 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 24, 2012, 09:22 PM
(#5)
Don B. Cilly's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 394
5-min blinds with ante at level 4?
No thanks :)

Also, in the lobby of the 5.50 it says "recieve"... though I guess that is easy to fix :)
 
Old
Default
Sat Feb 25, 2012, 02:17 AM
(#6)
TheLangolier's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,499
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
5-min blinds with ante at level 4?
Yes, the structure is turbo. The Sunday Special runs for 2 hours, these structures will have the tournies last about 2 hours (more depending on how many people play). Having a slow structure won't work as I can't run the class for 5-6+ hours, and I don't fancy ending the class in the middle of the class tournaments. It's a good value though if you would find a free private coaching lesson valuable. And it's a lot of fun, we've done it twice already.

Quote:
Also, in the lobby of the 5.50 it says "recieve"... though I guess that is easy to fix
Yes I'm aware it's miss spelled, it's not easy to fix though, royalraiser would have to cancel the tournament completely and set up a new one for me, so we just left it.

Dave


Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner



 
Old
Default
Sat Feb 25, 2012, 06:22 AM
(#7)
Don B. Cilly's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 394
I'll play the play money one, that's definitely within my bankroll :)

Even though, how we are going to reach 150 players considering the whole Club only has 77 members, I don't really know.

Pity about the time constraints, but then... if you consider that last home game I played was 1h, 10m, heads-up :))
 
Old
Default
Sat Feb 25, 2012, 10:41 AM
(#8)
TheLangolier's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,499
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
Even though, how we are going to reach 150 players considering the whole Club only has 77 members, I don't really know
The hope is to get a lot of people signed up to play! We'll have a rush on Sunday typically, whether or not we get the thresholds, we'll have to see... but I hope so!


Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner



 
Old
Default
Sun Feb 26, 2012, 10:14 AM
(#9)
EdinFreeMan's Avatar
Since: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,540
Just want to make a couple of points about tonight's games and maybe some suggestions.

1) I think it's a mistake not to play these in the Live Training Home Game Club. We have had a couple of month's played there already this year - very good games at both play money and real money. The problem with moving them is that we are losing the integrity of the leaderboard. I think it would have been great to have a club leaderboard purely for these games, for the bragging rights and maybe to be able to add some prizes for the end of year leaders. Now these games are getting grouped in with the general PSO Community games that option seems to be lost.

2) A free coaching session with Dave is a great prize, and I hope the games grow so that we can reach those required numbers but I doubt any of us really expect that to happen tonight or even soon, without a lot more promotion, unless the number of attendees for Live Training has been rising rapidly without my being aware. For instance we had 34 then 44 players in the last two $1.10 games - so at that rate of increase could be a while until we hit 100.

So how about putting up an alternative prize in the cash games if we don't hit those numbers. I'm thinking maybe a ticket to the Sunday Storm for the winning player to use so we can rail them in a future Sunday Live Training Session - if that is too costly maybe a $2.20 Storm Satellite ticket. Just suggestions, but I think it would be good to keep any prizes related to future Live Training sessions, e.g. maybe the winner of the $1.10 tourney can get a buy-in to the next $5.50 home game etc.

Just some thoughts - I am going to enter the play money and the $1.10 tonight as these have been great fun so far.

Good luck all

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
 
Old
Default
Sun Feb 26, 2012, 10:32 AM
(#10)
19honu62's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,770
Come on folks lets get this thing going. I agree it would be nice to have an alternative prize as we wont even get 150 players if we only have 95 members but this will grow! If we as members keep promoting it. A 1 hr live training session is a great prize.
Were there prizes for the live training leaderboard? If not and we are just talking bragging rights we have a brag forum right!

 
Old
Default
Sun Feb 26, 2012, 01:56 PM
(#11)
TheLangolier's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,499
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
Just want to make a couple of points about tonight's games and maybe some suggestions.

1) I think it's a mistake not to play these in the Live Training Home Game Club. We have had a couple of month's played there already this year - very good games at both play money and real money. The problem with moving them is that we are losing the integrity of the leaderboard. I think it would have been great to have a club leaderboard purely for these games, for the bragging rights and maybe to be able to add some prizes for the end of year leaders. Now these games are getting grouped in with the general PSO Community games that option seems to be lost.
The purpose of moving these is specifically to promote the new club. If we decide to run a Live Training Home Games promo that is longer term and tied to leaderboard standings, then we would begin that in the Live Training Home Game Club is my expectation, so as to not affect the Community club standings/promos. Currently the first 2 Live Training Home Games did not count for any long term standing prizes (per 19honu62's question), they were simply for bragging rights.

Quote:
2) A free coaching session with Dave is a great prize, and I hope the games grow so that we can reach those required numbers but I doubt any of us really expect that to happen tonight or even soon, without a lot more promotion, unless the number of attendees for Live Training has been rising rapidly without my being aware. For instance we had 34 then 44 players in the last two $1.10 games - so at that rate of increase could be a while until we hit 100.
Yes, it seems at this point we will fall well short of the thresholds. Sorry about that, estimations were a bit optimistic maybe about how quickly this would get off the ground and while the targets were set high to encourage more participation, it seems they were too high. I promise we'll have similar opportunities in future sessions though (which ever club they are run in).

Quote:
So how about putting up an alternative prize in the cash games if we don't hit those numbers. I'm thinking maybe a ticket to the Sunday Storm for the winning player to use so we can rail them in a future Sunday Live Training Session - if that is too costly maybe a $2.20 Storm Satellite ticket. Just suggestions, but I think it would be good to keep any prizes related to future Live Training sessions, e.g. maybe the winner of the $1.10 tourney can get a buy-in to the next $5.50 home game etc.
Sorry, I can't do that either at this point as I have to get cash prizes like tickets approved in advance. Maybe for the next Home Game Live Trainings I will look into getting tickets approved in advance, as well as set thresholds for free coaching awards.

Thanks,
Dave


Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner



 
Old
Default
Sun Feb 26, 2012, 06:19 PM
(#12)
EdinFreeMan's Avatar
Since: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,540
Thanks for the response Dave -

I thought tonight went very well again - but maybe I'm biased!

I think it will need some futher promotion but I'm sure that those who have played in these games will keep coming back and the numbers will grow.

Cheers

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com