Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

playing two LAG's

Old
playing two LAG's - Fri Feb 24, 2012, 09:33 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
i dont have an example hand but wondered how to handle a particular situation i experienced.

playing behind two very loose aggressive players. Had about 200 blinds and they both had about 100 blinds. one would bet preflop about 10 bb and the other would raise double the others bet and then the first would reraise again only to be raised by the second. They would end up being the only two playing the hand. After the flop they would repeat the process on every street. I sat back and waited for a very good hold position but with only marginal hold cards i ended up folding because i believed the cost too high to get into that kind of betting war. They played almost every hand so i knew their range was wide but with two playing it the odds that one of them had a good hand was higher.

i play a tight aggressive style and rely on position when playing with my marginal hands and attempting to steal blinds.

i have heard of players trying to steam roll a table by doing that kind of tactic to get everyone to fold and they collect blinds and if anyone enters try to push them off of a hand. they will fold on late streets once they are against each other so that the two players have about the same size of stack size and they dont have to show their hold cards.

how does one handle such situations?

Old
Fri Feb 24, 2012, 10:25 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi shogun54U!

Welcome to the forum.

When I'm at a table like that, I'm waiting them out and only want to play premium hands. When you get a premium hand, let them double you. As soon as you get a hand and get doubled once or twice, that type of play will end... or one/both of them will be gone. The key that I use is to wait them out.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JWK24; Mon Mar 05, 2012 at 05:48 PM..

Old
Sat Feb 25, 2012, 02:27 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun54U View Post
i dont have an example hand but wondered how to handle a particular situation i experienced.

playing behind two very loose aggressive players. Had about 200 blinds and they both had about 100 blinds. one would bet preflop about 10 bb and the other would raise double the others bet and then the first would reraise again only to be raised by the second. They would end up being the only two playing the hand. After the flop they would repeat the process on every street. I sat back and waited for a very good hold position but with only marginal hold cards i ended up folding because i believed the cost too high to get into that kind of betting war. They played almost every hand so i knew their range was wide but with two playing it the odds that one of them had a good hand was higher.

i play a tight aggressive style and rely on position when playing with my marginal hands and attempting to steal blinds.
If you have maniacs raising and reraising constantly you're sort of forced to wait for a hand. Knowing they're on wide ranges I personally don't need a premium like QQ+ or AK to gamble with them, I think we can easily widen our value range against random hands.

Another thing you can sometimes do is if they will fold without real hands to an all in, you can let them 10x it back and forth a couple times then shove making the last bet. Obviously there is more risk in this play, but against guys who are doing this but will find a fold it's a way to turn the tables on them a bit.

Quote:
i have heard of players trying to steam roll a table by doing that kind of tactic to get everyone to fold and they collect blinds and if anyone enters try to push them off of a hand. they will fold on late streets once they are against each other so that the two players have about the same size of stack size and they dont have to show their hold cards.

how does one handle such situations?
The way one handles this precise situation is to report it to PokerStars. This whipsawing players out so one of them always wins the pots is cheating (it's blatant collusion). Report the game to PokerStars security, provide as much detail as possible (what you observed, tourney #, some hand #'s for reference, etc). If it's just a couple people screwing around in a one off tourney they'll probably just get a warning, but if they are teaming up to do this (if there is a pattern) they could be in big doodoo.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thumbs up
thanks for the advice - Sat Feb 25, 2012, 03:38 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
that is basically the strategy i used when i encountered it. I waited till i got AK suited and pushed on them... they called and one of them hit his 10 2 off for two pair on the flop. It drives me crazy when LAG's hit a lucky card. i know the long term averages will be in my favor however i seem to have people hit with 3 outs or less more frequently than the percentages suggest, especially in heads up play. I used the odds calculator and discovered that 10 2 off against AK suited i had along with the A 6 off the other player had does suprisingly well. My guess is that Brunson already knew that a long time ago.

if i see it again i will definitely report it especially in a cash game. in this instance i was practicing at a play money table.

btw I have been following TheLangolier recently and it has improved my play significantly.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com