Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

live training question

Old
live training question - Sun Feb 26, 2012, 12:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi all I have noticed most of the live training is 150vpp level at the moment is there some free ones soon, have I got it wrong about 150vpps thinking, can I still view as a guest?

Old
Sun Feb 26, 2012, 12:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
Hi all I have noticed most of the live training is 150vpp level at the moment is there some free ones soon, have I got it wrong about 150vpps thinking, can I still view as a guest?
I've looked at the next two weeks and only two out of ten each week require 150+VPPs - (some others do need the 20+VPPs).

20% is not 'most' - but I understand your concern - as far as I know you need them to both participate or view, but I would wait for the official mods to confirm that.

Sunday Live Training this evening has no VPP restrictions and there are cash and play money games to take part in - highly recommend you come along and try your skills against your PSO forum friends.

Good luck

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Sun Feb 26, 2012, 01:25 PM
(#3)
thanks edin I think I have just joined the right one.

Old
Mon Apr 09, 2012, 03:48 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
hi i hope i am posting in the right place im looking 4 vidoes of 6 man sit n goes im doing rely good in them so far making a profite aswell but i no poker u can never stop learning so if enyone hase eny info on them please pm me it would be aprtieated thx

Old
Mon Apr 09, 2012, 06:38 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luc flush21 View Post
hi i hope i am posting in the right place im looking 4 vidoes of 6 man sit n goes im doing rely good in them so far making a profite aswell but i no poker u can never stop learning so if enyone hase eny info on them please pm me it would be aprtieated thx
Hi there lucflush,

Keep an eye on the Live Training Calender as the are many 6-max sessions happening from week to week.

I didn't come across any 6-max SnG's in the video library but I'll ask around further for you.

Here is one video I found that might be of interest to you. It's a 6-max 2NL cash game member review of 'Dr.Kauffer''s

Hope this helps!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Mon Apr 09, 2012 at 06:42 AM..

Old
Mon Apr 09, 2012, 10:06 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi all,

Most of the trainings are unrestricted, not 150+ restricted, like Ed suggests look at the calendar again... on any given week you'll typically find at least half have 0 vpp restriction, while others carry 20+ or 150+.

The VPP restrictions are only for "Participants" at this time (people who can type in the chat box). Currently there is no restriction to "view" any class (viewers can still see and hear everything). So 100% of classes are accessible to all PSO members regardless of their current VPP level.

There is a lot of 6-max cash game coaching and 9-man SNG coaching, but no 6-man SNG coaching specifically.

Thanks,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 09, 2012, 10:39 AM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2011
If you're on Twitter, the PSO send you a handy reminder when training is about to start

Old
Mon Apr 09, 2012, 12:46 PM
(#8)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
If you're on Twitter, the PSO send you a handy reminder when training is about to start
Correct, thanks for mentioning that!

To get these reminder tweets follow @PokerSchool101

You can also follow us individually if you like:

@TheLangolier
@ahar010
@xflixx

ChewMe1 doesn't have one I don't think but if he adds one he'll update that in his FAQ thread in this forum.

Thanks,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 04, 2012, 06:02 AM
(#9)
Is all Live Training free? I'm wondering what the 150FPP/VPP and 20FPP/VPP icons in the Live Training Calendar actually mean. It just means I need to have that amount of VPP in the previous month and it wont cost me any FPP right?

Old
Mon Jun 04, 2012, 07:01 AM
(#10)
Hey guys,

Daft question, but does anyone know of any problems viewing training sessions on an Android tablet? Haven't watched one yet and its about time I did, but currently only have it on my tab, so any known issues would be nice knowing about!

Old
Mon Jun 04, 2012, 10:32 AM
(#11)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamtroll View Post
Is all Live Training free? I'm wondering what the 150FPP/VPP and 20FPP/VPP icons in the Live Training Calendar actually mean. It just means I need to have that amount of VPP in the previous month and it wont cost me any FPP right?
Hi Steam,

That's correct, those are simply requirement levels to enter as a participant (be able to type in chat). Anyone can enter as a viewer (can still see and hear everything, just not type in chat). If you've earned the requisite level last month, or this month, it's good (if you just earned it, may take the system up to 48 hours to update your status).

Attending the trainings are free and no FPP's are ever deducted from your account.

Thanks,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 04, 2012, 10:34 AM
(#12)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by havocofsmeg View Post
Hey guys,

Daft question, but does anyone know of any problems viewing training sessions on an Android tablet? Haven't watched one yet and its about time I did, but currently only have it on my tab, so any known issues would be nice knowing about!
I have no idea, haven't heard of anyone even trying this, but give it a shot!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 04, 2012, 10:38 AM
(#13)
Hi Steamtroll. Neither the live training or the videos cost any VPPs to attend or view. For the live training anybody can watch while they are being recorded. If you do not have the required VPPs the previous month or the current month you will not be able to ask questions or comment. The recorded videos that have restrictions are only available to those who have earned the required VPPs the previous month or the current month.

Hope this clears things up
Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 04, 2012, 03:24 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
I have no idea, haven't heard of anyone even trying this, but give it a shot!

Well no such luck, looks like the same problem that's been afflicting the hand replayer on my tab. Emailed support, hopefully they know something about it.

Old
Tue Jun 05, 2012, 04:00 AM
(#15)
Ok. Thanks for the info TheLangolier and bearxing.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com