Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

sunday storm on the bubble

Old
sunday storm on the bubble - Sun Feb 26, 2012, 04:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
pretty self explanatory as to why i made the call here,this was my first time ever playing this tournament and got in on a fpp satellite so any itm finish was a bonus

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

so i busted out at 5776th,at the start of the hand there was about 6333,with a 6300 cut off ,im not that unhappy with my call here as under 10bb will generally have a large range and hoping not to be called, anyone with a bit of experience in these tourneys feel free to let me know if i should've hung around for a better hand/oppurtunity.min cashed for $15.99

Last edited by milehigh0874; Sun Feb 26, 2012 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: add info

Old
Sun Feb 26, 2012, 07:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi milehigh,

You've starting the hand with close to a 9bb stack, there is probably no amount of action that could get me to fold QQ when this short, especially not a single open shove from a slightly shorter stack. You are crushing this guys shoving range, you just happened to run into the top of that range here, it happens.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 26, 2012, 08:39 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi milehigh!

I agree with Dave. With a short stack and a premium hand, I'm going to play this here every time. Yes, it's nice to get ITM, but with a premium opportunity to pick up chips for a deeper run in the tourney, I'll take the chance here with QQ every time. Unfortunately, the hand turned into a cooler, but much more often than not, QQ is well ahead here.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 03:11 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Count me in as well milehigh.

You're just under 9bb's as Dave pointed out,or more to the point your M is 3.47. This can really never be a fold in this spot...ISO and to a shorter stack to boot. And you have the extra kicker that it's only 3 peeps to the bubble bursting and you just took the blinds so you have a full orbit coming. So even if you do miss here you're going to cash. So even a sort of implied odds here---you're looking at an excellent double up opportunity AND if you miss you still can complete your first objective,making the satty hit pay off---so let it fly and hope it's your turn. More often than not in this spot with that hand it will be.

100% the correct call here. Just a cooler.

Grats on the cash.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com