Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

bit confused

Old
bit confused - Mon Feb 27, 2012, 12:19 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Just want some help understanding how much BB i need to make a profit in NLHE. Ive read a few posts on the matter cant get my head round it.

Also is there any usefull links on working out pot odds and implied odds thanks.

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 12:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi mate, i am not quite sure on the question,but i think you are on about how big should your bankroll be to try to make a profit at nlhe.

The answer is that profit is not made by the size of your bankroll but by your abilities as a player.

The recommended buyin amount is a 100 buyin bankroll, so an example would be at 1c 2c nlhe a $80 bankroll. 100 x 80cents min buyin. I think as for the links you were looking for, the information can be found in one off the top tabs. There is probably a video on it.

hope this helps and if I'm wrong on the question my apologies.

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 12:49 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2011
Short answers:

BBs, only one (for inspiration :)

For odds, I found this video quite interesting.

For the long answers, wait for JDean ;)

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 04:39 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hello.

The number of buy in's you "need" to keep in action through down swings varies by the type of style you play. The tighter you will tend to be, the lower your BR requirements will be to avoid going bust.

A good rule of thumb would be somewhere between 30 and 60 BI for a given NLHE cash game level.

You should note though, BR management is NOT going to "protect" you from going broke if your skills in all facets of poker are not yet great enough to allow you to show profitability. all BR management techniques can help do is keep you in action LONGER so you might acquire the skills to be a winning player, assuming you do not have them yet.

Hope it helps.

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com