Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

0.25$ 90mans

Old
0.25$ 90mans - Wed Feb 29, 2012, 09:13 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=606572CEB4

Description: This was just after the money bubble.I had observed that the villian was playing way tooo aggressively near the bubble and after it inorder to exploit the bubble. My image on the table was that of a very tight player.I thought that i should just limp AKs to show weakness and expected the villian to make a big raise and even shove.I could think like this because he was playing almost every hand..and was kind of dominating others with his stack.
The result was not good for me.But i would like to know how my play was.

P.S: I would like to know how to directly paste the hand replay here instead of the link.

Last edited by nee0903; Wed Feb 29, 2012 at 10:02 AM..

Old
Wed Feb 29, 2012, 01:06 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi nee0903

Thankyou for giving us information about the villain this makes the hand a lot easier to analyse.
So it's folded to us in the sb we have a nice stack size at 42 bb's and the overly aggressive villain has us covered.

Raising pre is fine and is the line I would use most here, but their are definetly times where I would limp in to enduce the BB to spaz out so I dont have a problem with your call preflop.
Calling the shove is standard as we have his range crushed into smitherines, just run a little better next time

Old
Wed Feb 29, 2012, 01:09 PM
(#3)
ChewMe1, Thanks a lot for the reply..could you please tell me how to post the hand replay directly instead of the link(as done by other people).so that it becomes easier .

Old
Wed Feb 29, 2012, 01:15 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi nee0903!

Normally I like to make a standard raise with AKs, especially if it's a blind vs blind situation, as I don't want to take a chance of the opp hitting a random card on the flop that could get ahead of me.
The one and only situation where I would go for a complete/raise is if I had a read on the opp that they would raise. This way, I could either call their all-in or shove over them, but... I'm only even considering this if I'm absolutely sure that the opp will raise.

Making the correct decisions and getting a player's chips in good is all that a poker player can do.

To get the replayer to work in a thread, hit the link builder button (looks like a link and is between the facebook button and the purple + button on the page where you enter the hand history. Then copy and paste that link into the forum post.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 29, 2012, 01:46 PM
(#5)
Thanks JWK24 ..ur reply did help !!! What u said totally makes sense.

Old
Wed Feb 29, 2012, 01:47 PM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nee0903 View Post
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=606572CEB4

Description: This was just after the money bubble.I had observed that the villian was playing way tooo aggressively near the bubble and after it inorder to exploit the bubble. My image on the table was that of a very tight player.I thought that i should just limp AKs to show weakness and expected the villian to make a big raise and even shove.I could think like this because he was playing almost every hand..and was kind of dominating others with his stack.
The result was not good for me.But i would like to know how my play was.

P.S: I would like to know how to directly paste the hand replay here instead of the link.
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...-hand-replayer

I just made a guide after reading this. Hope it helps.

Old
Wed Feb 29, 2012, 01:50 PM
(#7)
thanks m.bisland good work !!!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com