Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

PokerStars MicroMillions Tournament Series **OFFICIAL DISCUSSION**

Old
PokerStars MicroMillions Tournament Series **OFFICIAL DISCUSSION** - Wed Feb 29, 2012, 10:11 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
i dont know if this is new to everyone but i've never seen the event here before,just like to say what a great idea,sure the games will be full of sharks and donks aplenty ,but will be good to have a crack at some big money for all the people out there with the smaller bankrolls good luck to all pokerschool players,hope to see you on the tables and in the money

**merged to OFFICIAL DISCUSSION**

Last edited by CannonLee; Wed Feb 29, 2012 at 04:59 PM..

Old
PokerStars MicroMillions Tournament Series **OFFICIAL DISCUSSION** - Wed Feb 29, 2012, 11:46 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010

MicroMillions Low Stakes Poker Tournaments

MicroMillions is the major online tournament series for anyone who likes to play low-stakes tourneys. But while the buy-ins may be small, the prizes are huge: 100 events from March 15-25, with millions of dollars in guaranteed cash prize pools, and tournaments running around the clock. And with buy-ins starting from as low as only $0.10, it’s the series that everyone can play.

MicroMillions Tournament Series Schedule

The MicroMillions tournament series will run as listed below, from March 15-25.
Note that the following information is subject to change. All tournament times are listed in ET (Eastern Time).

The MicroMillions schedule includes a total of 100 different events. The line-up includes lots of No Limit Texas Hold’em tournaments, plus other games like Omaha and Stud, all with buy-ins as low as $0.10, which mean that every type of player can take part. The action is set to run around the clock, with 10 scheduled events every day to suit players from all over the world. Each tournament also has a guaranteed prize pool, with millions of dollars to play for in total. The Main Event has a $22 buy-in and a guaranteed prize pool of $1,000,000!
Satellites are running now - don’t miss out on taking part in the biggest micro-stakes tournament series ever staged!

Tournaments Running Non-stop

MicroMillions is a tournament series that’s ideal for every type of PokerStars player, no matter how small your bankroll may be. The schedule includes a huge range of Texas Hold’em tournaments, with most events having a buy-in of $5 or less. There are up to ten events running each day from March 15-25, starting around the clock. The extensive schedule means you’ll always find a huge micro-stakes event, no matter where in the world you live.

MicroMillions Satellites

We have a wide selection of satellites with buy ins starting as low as just 0.02c to 1FPP for the Micro Millions tournaments! Please visit >>Micro Millions Satellite Schedule<< for more details.

$1,000,000 Guaranteed MicroMillions Main Event

The schedule includes a $22 buy-in Main Event with a guaranteed prize pool of $1,000,000. You can win your seat for this (and every other event on the schedule) with satellite qualifiers starting with buy-ins of just a few cents. Qualify or buy-in directly and you’ll get the chance to compete for your share of one of the biggest cash prizes for this price anywhere online.

Don’t forget, MicroMillions includes 100 different events, each with a guaranteed prize pool. Check the MicroMillions Tournaments page for the full schedule!

For FAQs about the MicroMillions Tournament Series >>click here<<

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Last edited by CannonLee; Tue Mar 06, 2012 at 08:41 PM..

Old
Wed Feb 29, 2012, 03:36 PM
(#3)
The main event, Stud 8, Omaha8, Horse and 8game I will definitely be playing

Old
Wed Feb 29, 2012, 03:44 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
Wonder what all these tourneys are capped at,is my first thought about this. Will look at them later today.

Old
Wed Feb 29, 2012, 04:20 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
50,000 all of them and some are at 65,000

I'll be missing them all, will be in Vegas at that time

Old
Wed Feb 29, 2012, 05:06 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
Was looking at some of the events earlier, and was somewhat dumbfounded by event 1 having a sattalite. That being the same event 1 that has a 11¢ buy in. Yep a very cheap elevent cent game has an even cheaper option. How cheap must you be to not just cough up the loose change and save the hassle of extra work! My mind boogles.

Last edited by havocofsmeg; Wed Feb 29, 2012 at 05:10 PM..

Old
Wed Feb 29, 2012, 05:15 PM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2012
BronzeStar
some people may only have 1.00 in their account. I dunno. I wonder if there will be a micro millions TLB. Who's the best mini stakes tourny player? If there is, I'll probably be playing almost every event. Hahaha.

Old
Wed Feb 29, 2012, 05:30 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
Man this looks like so much funn

I be Jealous of all those playing!!!

I wish ya the best of luck and Hope someone from PSO can Bring one Home

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thumbs up
I cant wait! - Wed Feb 29, 2012, 07:48 PM
(#9)
This is truly AWESOME!.......I cant wait,,,big prize money for small buy ins ...woooo hooooooooooo,,,, micro players dreams come true,,,,

Old
Wed Feb 29, 2012, 09:35 PM
(#10)
Since: Aug 2010
gonna play the main event 1M GTD for just $22
and the $11 for $400K

ONE TIME BIG TIME

Old
Wed Feb 29, 2012, 11:55 PM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2010
Finally, a true micro tourney, it's been a long time coming!!

Old
Thu Mar 01, 2012, 04:40 AM
(#12)
Wow this looks cool! And you guys can you use whatever SCOOP tickets you won from WBCOOP for these!

Old
Thu Mar 01, 2012, 04:40 AM
(#13)
What would you rather use the SCOOP tickets for tho Micro Millions or SCOOP...?
I wish they showed he tournament structure for the SCOOP events..

Last edited by pokerstar671; Thu Mar 01, 2012 at 04:43 AM..

Old
Thu Mar 01, 2012, 09:13 AM
(#14)
Since: Feb 2012
Awesome event. I will definitely participate in some of the tournaments. Great to see pokerstars organising an event for micro stakes players

Old
Thu Mar 01, 2012, 11:02 AM
(#15)
Yes, it's good to see some tournaments that are actually affordable for me to enter. I will probably play a lot of the events that are $5.50 or less, and depending on how I do in those, I may well register for the main event and the sunday storm special event.

Old
Thu Mar 01, 2012, 02:54 PM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2012
Possibly one of the best things to happen to us Micro players, especially who prefer tournaments over cash games. Time to hit the "poker gym" and work on my tournament play!

Old
Tue Mar 06, 2012, 08:40 PM
(#17)
Update.

PokerStars Micro Tournament Series Bonuses

Don’t forget, MicroMillions includes 100 different events, each with a guaranteed prize pool. Check the MicroMillions Tournaments page for the full schedule!

Old
Finding The Best Value In The MicroMillions Promotion - Wed Mar 07, 2012, 03:30 AM
(#18)
Well as some of you know we were commenting on this a little the other night in the Drunk Tank and when I began spitballing my ideas a couple of the peeps said I should post a list in the Forum. So that's what I'm going to do here.

A couple/few thoughts to start.

First I think this is a promo with some very sexy events in it at the top,some somewhat "hidden" gems when you start looking a little deeper and,quite frankly,some others that really aren't such a good deal at all when they are held up against offerings that fall outside of the promotion. I'll try to touch on all three areas as best I can.

I'm also going to break this down into three separate threads: this one dealing with the NLHE and Omaha options that fall under normal time structures (no Turbos) and no re-buy/add-on considerations.

The second thread will touch open the Turbo,re-buy/add-on and other miscellaneous options (Big antes and KO's for example).

Third thread we'll look at the non NLHE and Omaha options---the draw,stud and mixed games to find the ones in these disciplines that have the best value.

Also since there seems to be a static structure for the most part in the non re-buy,turbo games of 5K starting chips,10 minute intervals and pretty standard blind progressions,unless I state otherwise just assume that's the nuts and bolts of each tourney.

Also where I notice them I will add a note after each submission of any duplicate events in the promo to the one I just previewed.

I'm sure I'll have an omission or 2 along the way and some erroneous thoughts here and there as well so feel free to jump in and correct me. This is for the benefit of all here who are considering taking advantage of this promo after all. (Lucky so and so's...man my government sucks.)

So let's begin...

NLHE and OMAHA Standard Structure Events

1. Event #3 March 15 2PM EST $5.50 NLHE 75K Guarantee

Day one has a very nice value event right near the top with this entry. Compare the 75K here to the guarantee of the standard weekly Bigger $5.50---75K vs. 40k---and it's easy to see that this is a great bang for the buck tournament. And if you look a little deeper it gets better still.

In the latest Bigger $5.50 to be completed as I post the 40K guarantee was exceeded by quite a bit---13,379 runners pushed the prize pool to just under 67K,with a top prize of $7200+ and even a min-cash of $13.37--roughly 2.5 times the buy-in. You don't see that a lot in MTT's. Now look at those numbers and everything in between and envision another 8K added to the prize pool. Yeah,exactly.

Note: Event #94 March 25 8:30AM EST replicates this event.

2. Event #9 March 16 6:00AM EST $2.20 NL Omaha Hi/Lo 5K Guarantee

Not that sexy at first blush I know,but do this---go to the tourney tabs for Micro ($5.00 and less) and set your filters for Omaha and buy-ins between $2 and $3. You'll see that the best guarantee offered for a standard,non turbo and/or re-buy/add-on Omaha is 1K. Looks better now,huh?

A nice spot for all you micro Omaha players and one that may see less regs dropping down to poach the value given the low guarantee.

3. Event #25 March 17 9PM EST $1 NLHE 5K Guarantee

Again,it may not look like much but if you look at the $1 offerings that are normally available and don't involve re-buys and turbos this one gets a lot more attractive. The best you can normally do for a standard NLHE event for $1.10 is a 4K guarantee,this is 1K (20%) more,a not insignificant addition at these levels.

Note: This event is repeated twice...Event #36 March 19 1:30AM EST and again in Event #52 March 20 5PM EST so don't miss out.

Note 2: These also may have an added value to some of you on a tight BR/budget. If you are playing a couple/three of these Micro Millions events with tickets you won in the bloggers freerolls but can't really afford buy-ins to many of these events otherwise then playing these $1 offerings can be your ticket. And remember,anyone entering 5 of these Micro Million events will receive a ticket to a 50K prize pool freeroll on April 1st.

4. Event #32 March 18 1:30PM EST $11 NLHE 400K Guarantee

Not a lot needs to be said here I think. The 400K guarantee is a big bump over the weekly $11 Bigger game (150K guarantee) and even beats the vaunted (deservedly so...) Sunday Storm,one of the most popular games on the site (300K guarantee). Even with 39,614 runners last Sunday the Storm couldn't quite match the 400K guarantee here. Super,super value. DO NOT MISS is this is in your price range.

Note: This event is repeated in Event #97 March 25 1:30PM EST

5. Event #35 March 18 9PM EST $2.20 NLHE 6-Max 15K Guarantee

Not sure how man of you are down with 6-Max tourneys but with a 15K guarantee this is well worth getting familiar with the game. Keep in mind that the guarantee here is 5K MORE than the weekly Bigger $2,20. Very good value for a low price here.

6.Event #42 March 19 3:30PM EST $5.50 PL Omaha Hi/Lo 25K Guarantee

I was saying to JWK the other night that this one may get a ton of Omaha regs from higher levels dropping down to hit this one the value for $5.50 is so good. At $5.50 even the re-buy Omaha events top out at 4K guarantees,so this is crazy good value. Really would not miss this one Omaha players.

7. Event #98 March 25 3:30PM EST $22 NLHE Main Event 1 Million Dollar Guarantee--150K Guarantee to 1st

The Grandaddy of this show for sure. $22 may or may not be in everyone's budget but when you're rubbing up against Sunday Million benefits for that price you have to consider it for sure.

Structure here is 10K starting chips,12 minute intervals and slightly ramped up blinds with antes coming out at Level 4. But with the 10K to start and the 12 minute intervals it should be fine.

So there you have it. With repeat plays we have 11 very good to great value plays in the NLHE/Omaha disciplines with standard non-turbo or re-buy structures. And a good spread on the buy-ins to fit every budget and BR.

As you can see there are a lot of $2.20 to $11 buy-ins that I did NOT include here. Reason being is that they tend to fall somewhere between the daily Big event guarantees and the weekly Bigger event ones. I don't think you guys and gals should play these just because they are part of a promo when many have better value each and every week for the same prices. Now if some of the Bigger events fall at times that are no good for some of you then some of these will be a nice alternative during the promotion.

Hope you find this helpful and will try to have the next installment up in the next day or so.

**post merged**

Last edited by CannonLee; Wed Mar 07, 2012 at 05:14 AM.. Reason: post is on topic with the **OFFICIAL DISCUSSION**

Old
Wed Mar 07, 2012, 05:19 AM
(#19)
Good luck to every one!

Old
Wed Mar 07, 2012, 07:41 AM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Great post, Moxie!
Thanks for the time and effort you put into this one...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com