Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Wbcoop 4max NLHE

Old
Wbcoop 4max NLHE - Thu Mar 01, 2012, 01:02 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011

This was late in the tournament.I dint have much info on the villain..apart from the fact that he was tourney chip leader.My thought behind slowplaying was that ..the villain dint cbet the flop which a preflop agressor should have done on this flop..when i hit the turn i check behind because i thought i would give him one more chance to show some aggression..and if hes missed he wud be missed totally and i would give him another card to catch up..I would like to know if i shud have 3bet preflop.I dint do it because i needed to cool off a little bit from the last hand in which i lost around half my stack by a suckout...

The villain mucked A10offsuit...Shoudnt he cbet the flop in this spot?

Old
Thu Mar 01, 2012, 02:10 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Hi nee!

Why the flat call preflop? 3-handed 99 is a monster preflop. I'd be trying to get all the chips in the middle ASAP. Also you're out of position with a hand that is going to be very difficult to play postflop out of position unless you hit a set. All signs point to 3-betting pre for me.

Quote:
The villain mucked A10offsuit...Shoudnt he cbet the flop in this spot?
Nah. He either has total air or showdown value when he checks back flop. Since he's most likely checking flop intending to call turn, you should lead here. Then lead river and call a shove.

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 01, 2012, 10:26 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
But what if he 3-bet pre-flop and the villain calls, and the flop comes a T or higher card and our hero misses the flop. Those broadways would certainly be in the villain's range and we'd be crushed most of the times since the chances of hiting the set would be low here.

Any thoughts ?

Old
Thu Mar 01, 2012, 11:40 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2011
Oriholic my thoughts behind not 3betting: I thought since it is 3 handed..the opponent is very less likely to fold to a 3bet with marginal hands like QJ,KJ,K10,Q10,A10,A9,A8s,A7s,22,33,44,55,66,77..
And playing postflop out of position is dificult even more when the pot is big and ur opponent stack is massive..shoudlnt showdown value be considered only after the river?(From my opponentss point of view) i wud think if ur opponent has called ur bet and checks ..he is most likely to miss a dry flop llike that 3handed..so a cbet wud takke the pot right there..most of the times..

Last edited by nee0903; Thu Mar 01, 2012 at 11:42 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com