Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

What are staker's to do?

Old
What are staker's to do? - Thu Mar 01, 2012, 07:23 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
PSO admin, what are the stakers of this forum to do, we're basically left to police this "staking" ourselves, PSO doesn't want to get involved, so we basically have to watch out for each other to keep our staking BR safe.

Some of these players are coming in litlerally off the street in to this forum, and want a stake immediately. It doesn't work like that. Stakes are given out because of a certain amount of trust from the staker, and as Marvin has experienced in the past, it's not always good to trust some of these players, as they run off for days, weeks on end without notice, taking the $$ from PSO members. If PSO doesn't want to step up, and take governance, we have to police it ourselves. Now, I agree, some players were a bit harsh, but where I come from, you call them as you see them.

Old
Thu Mar 01, 2012, 07:41 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Hey stakehorse I beg to differ but stalking is all about a horse making money for a backer period. I have staked many people I do not know or may be new to a site and you take your chances. PSO is a learning site and not a staking site period!

This should never have been allowed in the first place as there are already well established sites for this very purpose. This is just another example of PSO giving little or no thought into a promo or idea and simply trying to generate activity.

The examples are too enormous to list but a few are MOW , staking, formatting of forum, Challenge prizes being awarded then removed less than a month later, Vpp`s then no Vpp`s etc.

This is an educational site and should be viewed this way.

Giddy Up!

Old
Thu Mar 01, 2012, 08:15 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2011
Originally posted by Chris on Tue Jan 31, 2012, 05:45 AM

7.) Staking section:
- Actually it was my fault. I really liked the idea to provide a small, easy to use and running without too much of strict rules staking section inside the forum to allow people taking shots more easily, get into the game when they are underrolled and to reduce variance. My original plan was to implement it the way it is handled by other poker sites and you guys can work everything out alone; as I'm used to it from other communities. Unfortunately this did not worked the way I was expecting and I will listen to you guys and post some very strict rules within the next days. I think this issue has been caused by my background as a former poker professional and won't happen again.

In the end I want to thank everyone for your support in the Sunday Million, altough I am still very dissappointed with my results.

Thanks for providing feedback in a constructive way. This is the way we are able to actually deal with it.

Have fun at PSO,
Christopher

Read more: General feedback thread: Let's improve pso together! - Page 6 - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1ns0cGkcf

Justa reminder to...

CHRISTOPHER

Can the Members really rely on U to provide above stated, "post some very strict rules?"

Regards,

Easy

ADD ON

Oh yeah...

That's right...

Chris is very very busy...

GO FIGURE...

Last edited by EasyChips4U; Thu Mar 01, 2012 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: Add on

Old
Thu Mar 01, 2012, 02:03 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19honu62 View Post
Hey stakehorse I beg to differ but stalking is all about a horse making money for a backer period. I have staked many people I do not know or may be new to a site and you take your chances. PSO is a learning site and not a staking site period!

This should never have been allowed in the first place as there are already well established sites for this very purpose. This is just another example of PSO giving little or no thought into a promo or idea and simply trying to generate activity.

The examples are too enormous to list but a few are MOW , staking, formatting of forum, Challenge prizes being awarded then removed less than a month later, Vpp`s then no Vpp`s etc.

This is an educational site and should be viewed this way.

Giddy Up!
Quoting for later reference,will come back to this in about a week.

Old
Thu Mar 01, 2012, 04:34 PM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2011
Quote:
what are the stakers of this forum to do
Due diligence?

Old
Thu Mar 01, 2012, 06:47 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakehorse75 View Post
PSO admin, what are the stakers of this forum to do, we're basically left to police this "staking" ourselves, PSO doesn't want to get involved, so we basically have to watch out for each other to keep our staking BR safe.

Some of these players are coming in litlerally off the street in to this forum, and want a stake immediately. It doesn't work like that. Stakes are given out because of a certain amount of trust from the staker, and as Marvin has experienced in the past, it's not always good to trust some of these players, as they run off for days, weeks on end without notice, taking the $$ from PSO members. If PSO doesn't want to step up, and take governance, we have to police it ourselves. Now, I agree, some players were a bit harsh, but where I come from, you call them as you see them.

+1000

What's even WORSE than all of you potential staker's being essentially told that you're on your own stakehorse is that when someone like McCrissinger comes in and on his own time researches and outs potential scammers he see his threads deleted and receives warnings and threats of further punishment. From the very same mods who are being compensated by the site to provide order in this school,yet do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING,to protect you guys in the Staking Forum.

Hey Mods,with regards to the Staking Forum...Lead,follow or get the Hell out of the way!!!

Makes one wonder if our next wonderful promotion to "improve" things around here will be a shingle on the door reading ...

PSO Staking Section
(Scammers welcome...)

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Thu Mar 01, 2012 at 06:52 PM..

Old
Thu Mar 01, 2012, 06:49 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
Due diligence?

People DOING due diligence have been told to butt out Don. I think that's part of the point of stakes' post.

Old
Thu Mar 01, 2012, 08:55 PM
(#8)
please just don't threaten our police, they are our only hope not to get scam
they are helping and help coming in our way is always good
and stop the threat tone we don't like it. you can always talk nicely to our members.
just say simply don't do this don't do that we are all grown ups. we can understand and obey.

Old
Thu Mar 01, 2012, 11:19 PM
(#9)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinsytan View Post
please just don't threaten our police, they are our only hope not to get scam
they are helping and help coming in our way is always good
and stop the threat tone we don't like it. you can always talk nicely to our members.
just say simply don't do this don't do that we are all grown ups. we can understand and obey.
agree 101%

Old
Fri Mar 02, 2012, 02:06 AM
(#10)
Since: Sep 2011
Hey guys,

I'm still very sorry that this issue hasn't been solved yet. It's still on Brian's and mine To-Do-Lists but the priority has changed within the last week/days. To be 100% honest with you guys: I was ultra busy planning the prizes for the Community Club promotion, planning a good MicroMillions promotion (oh yes, stay tuned for that ), changing the Knockout Festivals to a tournament series (as to your demand), creating the Newsletter and so on.

As soon as Member of the Month and all other promotions are set up it will be the most important task on my To-Do-List. As long as we do not announce any changes the old rules are still applying.

Thanks for being part here at PSO and enjoy your time!
Regards
Christopher

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Christopher

Last edited by PSOGefallener; Fri Mar 02, 2012 at 02:25 AM..

Old
Fri Mar 02, 2012, 08:11 AM
(#11)
Since: Apr 2011
Isn't playing poker for fun/money, about staking your self(goals), and if you cant your self(win by self), why do it, you / I shouldn't be playing poker full stop?
I don't have any problem with staking but if its for greed I do,

“I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” Matthew 19:23-24

Opps i forgot to add
All thee best every one and take care

Last edited by 0HighTimes0; Fri Mar 02, 2012 at 08:41 AM..

Old
Fri Mar 02, 2012, 05:29 PM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0HighTimes0 View Post
Isn't playing poker for fun/money, about staking your self(goals), and if you cant your self(win by self), why do it, you / I shouldn't be playing poker full stop?
I don't have any problem with staking but if its for greed I do,

“I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” Matthew 19:23-24

Opps i forgot to add
All thee best every one and take care

IF you would actually take the time to read the staker's offers in the staking forum many of them are as,if not MORE,interested in giving players with limited resources a chance to grow THEIR rolls and games,plus maybe make a little profit in the bargain. I doubt you'll find anyone on any staking site that's offering anywhere close to as sweet a deal for his horses' as marvin is for example.

Please research those who you are insinuating may be acting out of nothing but greed before leveling such charges in the future High Times. And attaching THAT biblical quote here is simply bad form and in really poor taste,to be honest.

I like your heart man but you're bringing stuff into a poker forum that really doesn't belong in a poker forum.

All the best.

Old
Sat Mar 03, 2012, 12:46 AM
(#13)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
IF you would actually take the time to read the staker's offers in the staking forum many of them are as,if not MORE,interested in giving players with limited resources a chance to grow THEIR rolls and games,plus maybe make a little profit in the bargain. I doubt you'll find anyone on any staking site that's offering anywhere close to as sweet a deal for his horses' as marvin is for example.

Please research those who you are insinuating may be acting out of nothing but greed before leveling such charges in the future High Times. And attaching THAT biblical quote here is simply bad form and in really poor taste,to be honest.

I like your heart man but you're bringing stuff into a poker forum that really doesn't belong in a poker forum.

All the best.
Sorry( I had been up for over 32 hr's and half asleep when wrote my post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakehorse75 View Post
yes its good if it helps people, but if Horse's ("off the street"), not got goals to build bankroll form start how they going to learn, to be successful player's!?
Im not saying the stakers/or horse's are greedy, Im just saying in general i don't like greed as it causes problems in the world (yes maybe its inappropriate to put Bible quote!)
Sorry i wasn't clear in what i was trying to say
All Thee Best

Old
Sat Mar 03, 2012, 04:00 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0HighTimes0 View Post
Sorry( I had been up for over 32 hr's and half asleep when wrote my post)

yes its good if it helps people, but if Horse's ("off the street"), not got goals to build bankroll form start how they going to learn, to be successful player's!?
Im not saying the stakers/or horse's are greedy, Im just saying in general i don't like greed as it causes problems in the world (yes maybe its inappropriate to put Bible quote!)
Sorry i wasn't clear in what i was trying to say
All Thee Best

My bad then HT. It just read like you were after the stakers. The people that are just coming in with no prior introduction to the Forum I agree with you...stand on your own two feet for a while here and make yourself known to the stakers and the community a little.

As for people coming in here to be duplicitous...well,I think you know what you are and you should be ashamed. I also think such people are gutless cowards as they would never do this "live" where the repercussions would be much more...dire.

Old
Sat Mar 03, 2012, 05:28 PM
(#15)
Since: Feb 2011
ding ding ding! we have our word of the day for this thread and the winner is duplicitous

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com