Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Easy fold?

Old
Easy fold? - Thu Mar 01, 2012, 09:47 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Same guy as the hand before maybe after me for some type of Vedatta.. First hand we play against easy other after the previous hand.

I flop v nice here and after everyone checks I bet to clear the zone.

Turn he bets first around 40% of the flop and I call as I have a redraw and he might have nothing but a vendetta! V easy to bluff on a board like this.

River he bets 1$ into 1.80$ and I fold... Would you call here. Before he betted I thought that if he bets slightly less I might have called in the area of 60 or 70c but I do not have even the best 2pair here.

Thanks
Etienne

Old
Thu Mar 01, 2012, 12:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Eteinne,

I think it's a good fold, you're almost always beat here.

The preflop play is a leak, limping first in with speculative hands is not good. A good rule of thumb when no one has entered the pot is to either raise or fold, especially from EP. You may be getting away with this more often than you should in microstakes because the opponents don't exploit it, but if you try and move up in stakes doing this, you'll find yourself in big trouble because more opponents will be raising your limps.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com