Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Women's Sunday Flickr Photo Competition

Old
Women's Sunday Flickr Photo Competition - Thu Mar 01, 2012, 11:06 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
WhiteStar
PokerStars Women is getting ready to celebrate the first birthday of the Women's Sunday in March, and the first of several events planned is a Flickr photo competition. The best photos will receive tickets worth $55 to the Women's Sunday, and the best overall photo will win a $215 ticket to a Sunday Million.

Here are the instructions:

• Join the "PokerStars Women" group on Flickr here.
• Upload a photo to your own Flickr account.
• Title the photo "PokerStars Women's Sunday Birthday" with your PokerStars screen name, and include the "PokerStars" tag.
• Go to the photo and click the "Actions" tab above it.
• Select "add to group" and choose "PokerStars Women."

More details and information, including a list of Terms & Conditions, can be found in this article.

Old
Thu Mar 01, 2012, 08:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Boy do I ever love a freebie ... but, gosh, am really not artistic/creative type. Eg:

Such a nice promotion - GL to whoever submits a photo!!

Old
i am a bit like trustysam - Tue Mar 06, 2012, 12:34 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
just looked the pics over and they're way out of my league

Old
Thu Mar 08, 2012, 11:40 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Hey Bindi!

Some of them are really artistic and creative, eh? I feel like I totally embarrassed myself by submitting this photo:

But I did my best

I figure it can't hurt to try ... in the very least, other people'll get a chance to know how creative they are and stuff, because there were lots of photos to choose from, so thatll be nice for the winners

One of these days, I'll be at the level to buy-in to $55 tourneys hopefully

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 11:36 PM
(#5)
hey there trustysam

i actually think your pic is really cute.

Old
Sun Mar 11, 2012, 11:17 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Thx Bindy

Seems like after I put my entry in there were a bunch of new ones ... almost like people were thinking, "maybe I've got a shot after all"

Hard to know what the judges might be looking for, so I figure what the heck - who knows, maybe since it's like judging apples and oranges, they'll put everybody's name in a hat and we'll all have equal shot.

You thinking of maybe putting a photo in?

Old
Mon Mar 12, 2012, 12:15 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
I've been playing 3 years, I still don't have the BR to play a $55 tourney, but there's all those sattys. I've been making a fair bit of money just playing the Women's Sunday sattys, I would urge all you ladies to check it out.

My rule is if I cash 3 sattys for the Women's Sunday, then I play it. I've cashed twice out of five in the Sunday, playing pretty much the same way I would play a Big $2.20.

My best day was 3 tickets, I challenge all of you to beat this. Be advised, there are some very good players in these tourneys!!

Old
Mon Mar 12, 2012, 07:38 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
You thinking of submitting a photo too Joy?

Old
Sun Mar 25, 2012, 02:54 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
omg ... 'kitty in the pink palace' won a ticket!

Wow, I'm going to be so out of my league in this tournament - yikes!

Thank you so much Poker Stars for the wonderful birthday celebration - I'm going to savor this experience, and hopefully one day I'll be at that level to be able to play it every week!

Old
Sun Mar 25, 2012, 02:59 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Congrats Sam!

Just look at the opps as a normal person in any typical tourney that you'd be in, regardless of what their level is. Trust in your game and don't try to go away from it if you end up with a pro at your table.

Good luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 25, 2012, 03:06 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Thx JWK

It'll be a wonderful experience for sure

Old
Sun Mar 25, 2012, 03:20 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
PS Haven't got my ticket yet ... maybe the ticket is for next week's tourney ...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com