Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments /

WSOP Circuit structures

Old
WSOP Circuit structures - Thu Mar 01, 2012, 11:30 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Hi does anyone know where I can find information on the structures of the various circuit events? I've tried going to the website and looking at the specific tournament then go to the structure tab, but none of the ones I looked at have the structures available.

I'm specifically trying to find the structure for the heads up events

Thanks for your help

Old
Thu Mar 01, 2012, 01:46 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi UM Pharm!

Which tournies from which circuit are you looking for? Normally the structures are put out there somewhere between 2-4 weeks before that particular circuit starts..... at least that's the way that it's been for the three that I've played in.
As an example, the ones I've played were $300+rake events (winner gets a wsop ring) and all of them had a 10k starting stack and started with 40 min levels (level timing then went up to 50, then 60 min each later in the tourney).

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 02, 2012, 12:22 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
I'm planning on playing in a few of the Harrah's New Orleans events, which aren't posted yet. I've played in 2 of the $300+ $40 ring events (actually won the second one woo hoo) and both had similar structures, so I was going to see if I could find a structure for the heads up tournaments to see if I would be interested in playing that the next time one is offered in my region. Its not really urgent as I still have a little over 2 months before the tournaments begin, I was just trying to decide whether I would rather branch out and play the HU tournament or the PLO/8 tournament, and then start reading up a little on each.

Old
Fri Mar 02, 2012, 12:35 AM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Congrats on the win. From being in basically that same event other places, I know from experience that it's NOT easy to win one. They are fun to play in though.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 02, 2012, 11:44 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Thanks I appreciate it. Are the formats for events the same from location to location (like with all of the 300+40 2 day tournaments have the same blind structure at each stop)? I would imagine they are, but I'm trying not to make bad assumptions

Old
Fri Mar 02, 2012, 02:06 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hey UM Pharm!

I played in one of the 2-day ones at Horseshoe Hammond last fall that had 3001 entrants (Dave, TheLangolier) played in it with me too. I have looked at the structures for a couple others of the 2-day ones... they were the same.
The structures in St Louis have been the same as Hammond, as those are the locations that I've played in before (sister's a PharmD in St Louis), so I could visit and stay with her when playing in it.

Good luck in New Orleans.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 05, 2012, 01:55 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Thanks for the help John

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com