Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Why am I unable to report a private message???

Old
Fri Mar 02, 2012, 11:17 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
No this is not OK

If you are personnaly offended by the content of a PM then email the details to support@pokerschoolonline.com

Provide all information possible including a screen shot of the PM where possible and someone on the team will be glad to assist you.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 02, 2012, 11:23 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Any idea how to get the print screen?
No idea without a print screen button, sorry.

Even a copy and paste into the email would be a good starting point.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 02, 2012, 11:25 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
use the on screen keyboard.

only need to press the print screen button it works just tries it.

Last edited by m.bisland; Fri Mar 02, 2012 at 11:43 AM..

Old
Fri Mar 02, 2012, 04:15 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
how do you bring up on screen keyboard?

Old
Fri Mar 02, 2012, 04:27 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by brkn80 View Post
how do you bring up on screen keyboard?

Click start,then All Programs,then Accessories,then Ease of access and then On Screen Keyboard.

Print Screen (PrtScn) tab is second column from the right,second from bottom.

This is for Windows 7 which is what I run.

Old
Fri Mar 02, 2012, 04:37 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
I have a issue with this and its most likely just me again,but we have been told private messages are private no ifs and or buts!!

So why is it we are now reporting members for offensive private messages?
I mean the effort people put into reporting a pm,they can just as easy block that user!

Seems like a area mods should stay out of or we end up with the big brother feeling all over again.
I could make up a private message and say Moxie keeps sending pictures of Naked Ravens and how are you going to prove otherwise? Without going into my mailbox which I have been told on more than one occasion not to worry about it,just not possible.

Im very curious to see how this plays out.

Old
Fri Mar 02, 2012, 05:09 PM
(#7)
Quote:
I have a issue with this and its most likely just me again,but we have been told private messages are private no ifs and or buts!!

I mean the effort people put into reporting a pm,they can just as easy block that user!

Seems like a area mods should stay out of or we end up with the big brother feeling all over again.
I could make up a private message and say Moxie keeps sending pictures of Naked Ravens and how are you going to prove otherwise? Without going into my mailbox which I have been told on more than one occasion not to worry about it,just not possible.

Hey,hey,hey...they weren't totally naked. Their naughty parts were covered with Terrible Towels.

Old
Fri Mar 02, 2012, 07:40 PM
(#8)
I use infranview.

Old
Sat Mar 03, 2012, 07:24 AM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:

Private messages (PM):

The "Private message" (PM) function is available to all forum members. It is designed to exchange non-public information. If this function is abused, it will be blocked and, in serious cases, the user will be excluded from the forum.
Passing on a PM to a moderator or forum administrator for the purposes of pointing out a breach of PM rules constitutes an exception to the rules.
• PMs must not be made accessible to third parties.
• PMs, or extracts thereof, must not be posted in the public forum.
• PMs must not be abused for advertising purposes.
• PMs must not be used for illegal purposes.
• A filtering system is in place that censors inappropriate language in the PMs. The PMs are NOT read by any staff members or moderators!

So as you can see form above it is within the rules to send a PM to a mod.

JigJig, I suggest you forward the offending PM to a mod and let them handle the rest.

Good Decisions!

Old
Sat Mar 03, 2012, 10:50 AM
(#10)
Deleted user
Thanks Joe,I didnt see that till Brian posted earlier.

Old
Sat Mar 03, 2012, 11:24 AM
(#11)
Deleted user
Beat me to the punch was in the middle of typing up a response.

Old
Sat Mar 03, 2012, 11:30 AM
(#12)
Deleted user
Pretty sure they could still read your threads,otherwise it would just be a matter of time before that person saw nothing but air in the forum.

Old
Sun Mar 04, 2012, 12:43 AM
(#13)
Quote:
Oh haha, he is now on my ignore list will always remain on my list and will never regain my respect. i answered my own question. I can't see his post and I (hope he can't see anything I write to) So great news i can go on with my business in the forum since my absence and bad post, recently. Keep an eye out for my constructive comments peeps and tilt blog to come.
That's funny, Too2coo said this option wasn't available.
Guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Old
Sun Mar 04, 2012, 11:43 AM
(#14)
As far as the PM's go Jig, when you look at your pm index, just click the small right box on the right for any you don't wish to read before opening them. Then scroll down to the bottom and delete them, the same way you do for any you don't need to save any more.
If you have the pop-up notification on for receiving a PM, just hit cancel when it asks you to open it, then go to your messages index and delete them.
You NEVER have to read a pm you don't want to.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com