Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Been Awhile

Old
Been Awhile - Fri Mar 02, 2012, 01:47 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Howdy, Folks. To all those I have great respect for...Well, YOU KNOW.

Been about a year since I stopped by here; well you know THAT, too. That Black Day we American Players experienced.

What news have Ye? Any?

Since it has been a year, I would ask what, if anything has changed around here?
Have to say, I shore do miss my League Play. And ALL the Drama that went with it, lol.

For all you California Folk, I did run across something that sounds encouraging, especially when it has words like, "Budget Crisis" & "Fiscal Year" running through it. Out here, Fiscal Year is first day of July to last day of June. So when it says Fiscal Year 2012-2013, that is the time period. (I'm not insulting anyone's intelligence, just making sure you know).

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2012/0...bill-12115.htm

http://www.aroundthecapitol.com/Bills/SB_1463/20112012/

Oh what a Happy Day that would be.

Now, I know that all you Americans have found your workarounds(who hasn't), but in my opinion, NONE of these workarounds are PokerStars. Nor do they come close.

The Sinman.

Last edited by Sinman64; Fri Mar 02, 2012 at 02:19 PM..

Old
Fri Mar 02, 2012, 07:43 PM
(#2)
BronzeStar
Depending on your viewpoint, we Americans are:

1 --- now involved on the play money side where we can keep our edge until the DOJ and the Courts settle things. (Moxie is guessing no later than January 2013 and I'm guessing it will happen sometime after your kids become grandparents.)

2 --- running to fringe sites for our poker fix. There are lots of places taking American money, but you have to be carefull. Some of the sites have a poor selection of games or too limited a player pool to be viable. Translation: PokerStars has spoiled us.

3 --- are just fooling ourselves into believing play money games can help us learn how to improve. In simple terms, we Americans are the butt of many a poker joke right now.

At least there are the training sessions available. Some of them cannot be accessed, but the ones that are viewable are worth checking out.

Old
Fri Mar 02, 2012, 08:37 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
Sin,what's up bud?

Hey man,we still have games here where we kick the living crap outta each other at every opportunity and talk smack while doing it (all in good fun...). Go to the Home Games Tab and hit effsea up for an invite to the Drunk Tank (Cairn I'm still wondering why YOU haven't jumped in here as well ya old quill pusher you...). Games are at 9PM EST and there is a monthly team challenge.

Big fun and great poker. Johnny Oak and Faery Tats are doing a great job giving their fellow vagabond American peeps a place to keep the lamp burning.

As to what the future holds for us online for money,here and anywhere else...some days I'm more optimistic,some days less. Guess we'll just have to see. I see the sense of it vis-a-vis budgetary issues AND our being thankful to be taxed if it gets us back on here all the quicker. YOU see the sense of it.

But we're dealing with our government unfortunately and them and sense don't collide in the same sentence too often.

Get your butt(s) in the Tank and let's have some fun in the meanwhile.

Old
Fri Mar 02, 2012, 10:05 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
Hey Sin, good to see your blue butt again.

Old
Fri Mar 02, 2012, 10:22 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Hey man,we still have games here where we kick the living crap outta each other at every opportunity and talk smack while doing it (all in good fun...). Go to the Home Games Tab and hit effsea up for an invite to the Drunk Tank (Cairn I'm still wondering why YOU haven't jumped in here as well ya old quill pusher you...). Games are at 9PM EST and there is a monthly team challenge.

I'll plead guilty. Once the Cowboy Corral gave me the boot due to Black Friday, I haven't checked into the forum regarding these games. Don't know how that time translates for here. Arizona doesn't do daylight, so I'm never sure if we are mountain or pacific.

Old
Fri Mar 02, 2012, 11:32 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
hey sinman.......

great to see you

been a long time dude, be great if you come and play with us in the tank,

hoping you pm me,

cheers

Old
Fri Mar 02, 2012, 11:37 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
I'll plead guilty. Once the Cowboy Corral gave me the boot due to Black Friday, I haven't checked into the forum regarding these games. Don't know how that time translates for here. Arizona doesn't do daylight, so I'm never sure if we are mountain or pacific.
Join the club and the times will be posted right there in your Home Games lobby...

Great games, great peeps. Should always be mid-evening for you,

Old
Sat Mar 03, 2012, 08:00 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Brian! How the heck are ya neighbor?

Good to see you stop in to check with us finally! Come play in the Tank, every night 6:00 p.m. (PST). I still think about the drinks on an island somewhere... good stuff right there!

Hope to see ya in the Tank soon!

Michelle

Old
Sat Mar 03, 2012, 08:16 AM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Sinman,

I didn't know you from your previous time here as I joined here since you left but I'd like to just say that's it's nice to meet you!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 03, 2012, 04:24 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hey Sinman!

Good to see you back...get yourself into the tank!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 03, 2012, 05:06 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Thanks to one and all for replying. Really great to hear some familiar voices. And looking forward to some Poker with Benefits, lol. CYA thar!

And RoyalRaise85, it's a right fine pleasure to meet you.

Last edited by Sinman64; Sat Mar 03, 2012 at 05:09 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com