Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Is sitting out strategy??

Old
Is sitting out strategy?? - Sat Mar 03, 2012, 10:08 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2012
So often im on tables were the majority of players are sat out, often there sat there ont the back of a double up or something cos there on more than the starting stack!!!

Then there seems to be little movement of chips alway up to the first break. I can see the logic in that your chances of winning a prize a geatly improved just because you made it past the first stage but surely playing all the way through is the best strategy (after all you can always fold).

If you were to play the full game instead of sitting out surely if youve played well you should go into the period after the break with alot more than just a double up.

Old
Sat Mar 03, 2012, 11:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi 66theOnLYoNe!

Welcome to the forum.

What type of tourney are you talking about? This strategy will not work in the long run for cash tournies. If a player gets ITM, it'll only be for a min cash, which will not help their bottom line, ROI.

In the league games, the key is survival, so instead of sitting out, I'd want to be very selective in the hands that I played and not take chances.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JWK24; Mon Mar 05, 2012 at 05:46 PM..

Old
Sun Mar 04, 2012, 12:33 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
I don't like to sit out to gain spots but I have slow played to fold in multy table turns.
don't like to but sometimes it gets me to bubble and beyond.

If they give you the time to think about it then use it to your advantage

If you tell anyone I will denie it

if you don't sit out at least you can play stroung hands

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com