Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

The Official PSO Fullring vs 6-max challenge

Old
The Official PSO Fullring vs 6-max challenge - Sun Mar 04, 2012, 05:30 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)

Hi guys,

We are planning to run a team challenge for PSO users who either play 6-max or fullring No Limit Hold'em cashgames starting on March 25th for one week until April 1st.

We will be forming two community teams - one for 6-max and one for fullring - that will be competing against each other in a race for the most profit. Team members will have to be starting out on 2NL with an $80 bankroll and grind their way up using our bankroll management guidelines.

Dave (TheLangolier) will be supervising team fullring and I will be supervising Team 6-Max. The challenge is set to last 1 week starting on March 25th and the team with the highest total profit will be the winner.

For this purpose, Dave and I will be opening up a team blog for each team to post results and daily updates about their performance. The blogs can should also be used to post and discuss hands or questions with your team mates and team trainers. After the challenge has been completed Dave and I will be holding a live training session to present and discuss the team's performance, stats, possible leaks and to review interesting hand histories.

We will start gathering teams from now on. You can sign up if you will be able to meet the following requirements:

Terms & Conditions

- maximum number of members per team is 20

- each team member has to start out with an $80 bankroll on 2NL and strictly follow our bankroll management guidelines (40 stack minimum rule):

- at the initial 2NL starting level, there will be a stop loss of 20 stacks imposed, so if a player's BR falls below $40 they must stop playing at that point and should consult with their coach.

If your bankroll exceeds...

...$100 you may take your first shots at 5NL, but have to move down to 2NL once you are back at $80
...$240 you may take your first shots at 10NL, but have to move down to 5NL once you are back at $200
...$464 you may take your first shots at 16NL, but have to move down to 10NL once you are back at $400

- each team member has to play a minimum number of 2000 hands between March 25th and April 1st, and send all their hands (original PokerStars hand history .txt files) to their team trainer.
The deadline for submitting hands will be 24:00 E.T. on Sunday, April 1st. Emails are: dave@mypokerschoolonline.com and xflixx@myintellipoker.com

- each team member has to post at least one short daily statement about their current performance (original PokerStars hand history format).

Prizes:

- each team member of the winning team who complied with the above T&C's will receive a $3.30 ticket
- each team member of the losing team who complied with the above T&C's will receive a $1.10 ticket
- each participant of the challenge will be able to register for a special $50 added tourmament

Registration

Please post in this thread if and for which team you would like to register and we will put your name up in the list. Registration is open until March 24th, 15:00 ET!

Let's get started!
- Felix

Live Trainer

Last edited by TheLangolier; Thu Aug 30, 2012 at 12:49 PM.. Reason: rules updates

Old
Sun Mar 04, 2012, 05:31 AM
(#2)
(Live Trainer)
List of registered participants (red need confirmation)

Team Fullring:

PanickyPoker

sydhollow97
Grade b
BandShooter
Roland GTX
ThomasOslo
royalraiser85
19honu62

Team 6-max:

Sandtrap777
EdinFreeMan
ForrestFive
joy7108
willhebe
5HELLEY
Croyd93
DiveAllIn
akselerons
Tunks2
chuckkky

Live Trainer

Last edited by TheLangolier; Sat Mar 24, 2012 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: update list

Old
Sun Mar 04, 2012, 09:47 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Hey Felix this looks great but can you be more specific on what exactly you are looking for as far as reporting so there is no confusion.

- each team member has to play a minimum number of 2000 hands between March 25th and April 1st, and send all their hands (original PokerStars hand history .txt files) to their team trainer.

- each team member has to post at least one short daily statement about their current performance (original PokerStars hand history format).

Can you give an example of how you wish this to look. I'm really leaning towards full ring here.

Thanks

Old
Sun Mar 04, 2012, 12:19 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
I'm in.

Full ring FTW.

Old
Sun Mar 04, 2012, 12:37 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
I should be in, will confirm when I get back from Vegas

It will be for 6 max

Old
Sun Mar 04, 2012, 01:20 PM
(#6)
(Live Trainer)
@honu:

We will form teams with up to 20 members for each format. They can grind for one week and log as many hands as they wish to support the overall result of their team as best as they can. The only conditions to receive prices in the end are: sticking to the above BRM and logging at least 2k hands during that week plus sending all hands played to their team trainer.

Team trainers will then merge all hands of team members together in one alias in HEM and producea single team result.

Hope it's all clear now, if there are still some points to be explained let me know!
- Felix

Live Trainer

Old
Sun Mar 04, 2012, 01:31 PM
(#7)
Sounds like fun but too big for my bankroll

Old
Sun Mar 04, 2012, 02:29 PM
(#8)
Well..maybe l'm reading this wrong...but will look at it more...but,

All this for maybe a $3.30 ticket?

Have the roll, but it does not look that good to me, IMO

But like l said, looks interesting,

cheers

Old
Sun Mar 04, 2012, 02:40 PM
(#9)
If you have an $80 bankroll, you could argue that you're nowhere near rolled for a $3.30 tournament. It's not a huge prize, but it would be a fun treat for my game at least, since I don't often play MTT's. Some people might see it as a shot at a higher stake if they win a ticket. I'm just doing this for the fun of it though.

I imagine you don't even need to make much money to win a ticket; you just need to be on the winning team. If everyone makes $10, that might be enough.

Old
Sun Mar 04, 2012, 02:46 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
If you have an $80 bankroll, you could argue that you're nowhere near rolled for a $3.30 tournament. It's not a huge prize, but it would be a fun treat for my game at least, since I don't often play MTT's. Some people might see it as a shot at a higher stake if they win a ticket. I'm just doing this for the fun of it though.

I imagine you don't even need to make much money to win a ticket; you just need to be on the winning team. If everyone makes $10, that might be enough.

just asking......how much is the rake on 2000 plus hands?

cheers

Old
Sun Mar 04, 2012, 02:51 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
just asking......how much is the rake on 2000 plus hands?
Made a mistake in my initial post. The rake could actually be very high if you double up and stack off like crazy. It'll be lower if you take a more variance-free route, but if you win $20 total by doubling up four times on four different $5 full stacks, the rake would be about $1.20. That's on the low end of what you could be raked for $20, but it all depends on how much you win.

Anyway, the rake would help get VPP's up, which might help people access more restricted content. That's one extra upside to the challenge.

Last edited by PanickyPoker; Sun Mar 04, 2012 at 03:10 PM..

Old
Sun Mar 04, 2012, 02:54 PM
(#12)
cheers,

Thx for the answer,

Hope it runs great

cheers

Old
Sun Mar 04, 2012, 05:16 PM
(#13)
Since: Aug 2010
hi

id u are already rolled for say 10nl can u start at that level or do u have to start at 2nl?

Old
Sun Mar 04, 2012, 05:46 PM
(#14)
Everyone must start at 2NL. I imagine this would be to even the field in case one team has members with $1000 bankrolls and the other mostly has members with $100 bankrolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-xflixx View Post
Terms & Conditions

- each team member has to start out with an $80 bankroll on 2NL

Old
Sun Mar 04, 2012, 05:57 PM
(#15)
Since: Aug 2010
ok ty

Old
Sun Mar 04, 2012, 06:46 PM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2012
I think I'd like to join up for this. I'm currently playing 2nl fullring with a 115$ bankroll so this challenge would really be a freeroll for me since I'm really following the guidelines posted in this challenge already. The only hurdle I have to overcome before this actually starts is that I haven't purchased a tracker software yet and have only 10 days left on the trial. So my current goal is to get up to $150 in ten days time where I can finally pay for the software and still be able to fit into the rules for this challenge of a $80 bankroll. I seem to be doing pretty well with around an $8 profit each day so it should be fairly "easy" for me to be ready for this when it does actually start.

Old
Sun Mar 04, 2012, 09:48 PM
(#17)
Can i get confirmation its total profit not average?

So if one team has 20 players and one team has 3 (say) we still go with total profit?

also (edit) If i didnt play one day (its around easter time do i put next day..did not play!!)
Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Grade b; Sun Mar 04, 2012 at 09:53 PM.. Reason: added second question

Old
Mon Mar 05, 2012, 01:04 AM
(#18)
Since: Feb 2010
Hi - I would probably be willing to take part - for fun, the challenge, and as a learning tool, on either team.

A few questionsfirst though.

1) How will you audit the results?

For instance if a player completed 2,000 hands for $25 profit over 6 days and then played another 500 for a $10 loss on the final day and did not send them in or report that loss - would that be 'cheating' and how would you know?

2) Is it necessary to have and run a HUD? I'm not sure I could track my results easily without one.

3) Could you set out in detail how to get the correct format hand-histories. I usually request HHs from the client they just go to my e-mail and I believe that is not the correct format - plus if I request my last x,xxx hands, rather than requesting a Tno for STT/MTTs, it includes all game types and mixes up cash play and STT/MTT etc - so how would I just get HH for 2NL cash hands specifically?

Thanks

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Mon Mar 05, 2012, 03:30 AM
(#19)
(Live Trainer)
Hey guys,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
Can i get confirmation its total profit not average?

So if one team has 20 players and one team has 3 (say) we still go with total profit?

also (edit) If i didnt play one day (its around easter time do i put next day..did not play!!)
Grade b
We will try to even out the teams before starting so every team has the same number of participants. And yes, it will be total profit.

It is not important if you cannot play on one day. It is only important to send in at least 2k hands before the deadline.

@Edin:

I guess we will have to count on you guys sending in all your hands played and on everyone being honest about it.

You dont need to run a HUD, no.

HHs can be obtained either directly from pokerstars (send them an email and tell them you would like all your cashgame hands between date x and y) or through a tracking software. We just need those txt documents with "PokerStars" hhs in them.

Hope I could clear things up.
- Felix

Live Trainer

Old
Mon Mar 05, 2012, 10:20 AM
(#20)
Ok i'm in on the Full ring side. Someone may have to bump this thread nearer the time or i will forget.

To TheLangoier - I'm trying honest capt

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com