Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Satellites, What Can We Do?

Old
Satellites, What Can We Do? - Thu Nov 14, 2002, 11:33 AM
(#1)
Deleted user
What can we do to get some of the other satellites going? I want to play some limit, pot limit, some Omaha, Stud, but there are never any going, and never anyone on the waiting list.

Perhaps in the future we can devise leagues for players that play all the games, say have a satellite league that requires 2 limit, 2 no limit, 2 stud (limit hi or H/L), 2 Omaha (limit hi or H/L), and maybe 2 pot limit holdem. I know it might be a hassle, but something needs to be done to get some of the other games active.

Or even maybe a Stud league, an Omaha league, a limit league. I am trying to get ready for the WPO playing satellites, and I can't play them here, I have to play the limit ones and Omaha ones at a pay site, and that irks me.

Please give some thoughts, ideas, anything on this subject, I believe it has to be addressed.

Thanks,

Gojacketz

Old
Thu Nov 14, 2002, 11:58 AM
(#2)
Deleted user
Your guess is as good as mine! I have tried many things to drum up PLO sats.
  1. I have posted in the forum
  2. I have chased people down in on going tournaments
  3. I have sent PM's to Omaholics[
  4. I have even offer free tuition here at PSO

Although, after a bit of time and effort, I manage to get a sat together (usually only to bail out in 8th - 10th!)

I wish I knew the answer. I would rather play Omaha PLO or Limit instead of NL. Just cant get the practice I need. It is so aggravating.

Lemme know what success you have!

Bob

Old
Very very good post!!!! - Thu Nov 14, 2002, 02:57 PM
(#3)
Deleted user

Deleted

Old
Fri Nov 15, 2002, 05:10 AM
(#4)
Deleted user
Your concerns have been noted and we will be looking into this

pokerpagekev
kevin@pokerpages.com

Old
Fri Nov 15, 2002, 08:24 AM
(#5)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpagekev
Your concerns have been noted and we will be looking into this

pokerpagekev
kevin@pokerpages.com
Now action will occur! Kevin is the man! He will make all of our wishes come true!

Look forward to seeing your plan, Kevin!

Bob

Old
Fri Nov 15, 2002, 12:57 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
Some lessons on how satellite strategy, (or 1 table shootout play in PSO's case), alters hand values and play, for the various types of games, would probably drum up enthusiasm. Mostly related to the shallow money and winner take all aspect of sats/1 table shootouts. Especially if the lessons were sent out via email to all members. Reading about a game always gets my enthusiasm up.

Sending out lessons via email, in general, may be a good idea to look into as there seem to be plenty of members that never visit the PSO website or forums.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com