Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Please Explain?

Old
Please Explain? - Fri Mar 09, 2012, 08:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
Eligibility.

Employees and relatives of employees of PokerStars and any entities affiliated or related to PokerStars are not permitted to participate in the Promotion. For these purposes, the term "relative" shall mean spouse, partner, parent, child or sibling.

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 09:07 AM
(#2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
That is pretty self explanatory.

~it protects ps and players.

If you have never seen a clause like this on any gambling site/scratchy/lotto/sports betting then you are either under age or at the wrong place imo !!

I'mJigJig.

Aint under aged... that's 4 sure...

BUT...

Have sent off to Support... as well

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 09:23 AM
(#3)
EXPLANATION...

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Please note that these moderators are NOT employees of PokerStars
in any way. They hold no contracts with the company, or any
company affiliated with PokerStars. They are simply active
community members who are rewarded
for responding and engaging
with other members who post on the PokerSchoolOnline forums.

Therefore, these same moderators are permitted to play (for real
money) on PokerStars and participate in all related PokerStars
promotions.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Yulianna
PokerStars Support Team
---
We are poker!

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 09:30 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyChips4U View Post
EXPLANATION...

Hello,

promotions.

Regards,

Yulianna
PokerStars Support Team
---
We are poker!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 10:25 AM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2011
Quote:
EXPLANATION...

Hello,

promotions.

Regards,

Yulianna
PokerStars Support Team
---
We are poker!
so is this a loop hole now how are they rewarded fpps free tickets money ????

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 11:18 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
EXPLANATION...

Hello,

promotions.

Regards,

Yulianna
PokerStars Support Team
---
We are poker!
Well, clearly we've had the "official" reply and explanation. End of story.

However, here are my opinions:

What is the definition of an employee?
A person who is hired to provide services to a company on a regular basis in exchange for compensation and who does not provide these services as part of an independent business.

Are moderators being compensated on a regular basis for services provided to PSO?
Yes. Therefore, they are employees of PSO. A contract is not necessarily required to engage the services of an individual.

Are moderators trained by PSO to perform this service?
Yes.

Do corporations provide training for individuals to perform a compensated service for their company, and not consider these individuals as employees or individual contractors of the company providing the training?
No.

Do PSO moderators have a contract with the operators of PSO not to discuss or disclose internal workings and business matters with others?
Yes. Whether this contract was agreed to verbally or as a signed agreement, it does exist and can result in a PSO moderator being removed from this compensated position, so a contract does exist.

Between the bait and switch promotions, moderators insulting members and posts and threads disappearing, it's no wonder some of us come away from our interactions with PokerStars and the PSO feeling a little soiled and dirty.

Best free poker training around though, and a great hand analysis team.

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 11:38 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_22at90 View Post
Well, clearly we've had the "official" reply and explanation. End of story.

However, here are my opinions:

What is the definition of an employee?
A person who is hired to provide services to a company on a regular basis in exchange for compensation and who does not provide these services as part of an independent business.

Are moderators being compensated on a regular basis for services provided to PSO?
Yes. Therefore, they are employees of PSO. A contract is not necessarily required to engage the services of an individual.

Are moderators trained by PSO to perform this service?
Yes.

Do corporations provide training for individuals to perform a compensated service for their company, and not consider these individuals as employees or individual contractors of the company providing the training?
No.

Do PSO moderators have a contract with the operators of PSO not to discuss or disclose internal workings and business matters with others?
Yes. Whether this contract was agreed to verbally or as a signed agreement, it does exist and can result in a PSO moderator being removed from this compensated position, so a contract does exist.

Between the bait and switch promotions, moderators insulting members and posts and threads disappearing, it's no wonder some of us come away from our interactions with PokerStars and the PSO feeling a little soiled and dirty.

Best free poker training around though, and a great hand analysis team.
+

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 11:39 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
I acknowledge that the above is well said with out getting of the fence of in an argument about splitting hairs. The above also stands true. It also face the same test when you look at the hand analysis forum changes and reactions to: Good luck all.
Sorry.

I speak english only.

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 12:39 PM
(#9)
Since: Nov 2011
Sounds like one of those who cares conversations that has no meaning to the learning of the game, Are people saying the mods are employees of pokerstars? not true they are just here to try to help as they have proven themselves capable, if they get small rewards for this so what ,they are just players the same as me or you, so why the jealously that its sounding like i will never know.
Some people , get a grip ,be happy for your fellow players who have had a bit of luck for once on here.

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 12:51 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
Sounds like one of those who cares conversations that has no meaning to the learning of the game, Are people saying the mods are employees of pokerstars? not true they are just here to try to help as they have proven themselves capable, if they get small rewards for this so what ,they are just players the same as me or you, so why the jealously that its sounding like i will never know.
Some people , get a grip ,be happy for your fellow players who have had a bit of luck for once on here.
Move along sonny. The adults are talking here.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 01:00 PM
(#11)
Quote:

Yes in deed, I am so sorry, you are right with your quality adult responce to me, adults in deed.

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 01:04 PM
(#12)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Sorry.

I speak english only.

Quote:

annie,

You shared your opinion on the matter. It should be ok for others to do so as well without being met by insults simply because they don't agree with you imho.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 01:06 PM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2010
I don't get envolved in most of the promotions on here unless they are poker games, BUT i was surprised when RR won this BLOG THING . Any person receiving compensation from any company is considered to work for that company wether it's $0.10 or $10,000.00 that he receives for his services. Personaly it does not matter to me who won but after reading this thread i just thought i'd add my thoughts on it.

taxi128

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 01:06 PM
(#14)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:

Such brilliant conjecture from someone who has played on this site for roughly four years and has to waste space in here asking about a frigging server restart for pity's sake.

Man,the sheer tonnage of what you will never know holdem could make a continent sink like a stone.

As to the matter at hand I think this should close the book on whether or not Mods and trainers are officially employees of the site. If this is the company position then that, as they say, is that.

I know that I,for one,have saved this response from Yulianna as future reference against any attempts by the site to have it both ways on this issue.

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 01:13 PM
(#15)
The sheer knowledge of what any person does not know would sink a continent moxie

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 01:18 PM
(#16)
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Yes in deed, I am so sorry, you are right with your quality adult responce to me, adults in deed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
annie,

You shared your opinion on the matter. It should be ok for others to do so as well without being met by insults simply because they don't agree with you imho.

Dave

Dave that's fine and all but one could also say that it's somewhat insulting of holdem to assume that easy and annie's motivations could be driven by something as petty as jealousy,instead of an honest attempt to clear up a situation that could have been construed as a conflict of interest if left unanswered.

So it could be said that holdem himself fired the first insult here as well.

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 01:32 PM
(#17)
so why the jealously that its sounding like

Moxie that is no insult of any kind, to me sounds like jealousy, not said they are jealous a big difference. Where as you politely calling me stupid again thats an insult, but you know what I love it Moxie that you wish to politely pit wits with me.
Reminds me of Phil Hellmuth and Tony G.

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 02:13 PM
(#18)
Deleted user
I never read the blog but from what I read he was chosen randomly!
That bothers me a little that a mod has won the selection and Pokerstars can claim whatever they want to it doesnt change how it looks to anyone that participated in this event.

Gives me a bad vibe and thats just how I see it.

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 02:31 PM
(#19)
Holdem how can this have anything to do with jealousy when RR is generous enough to give 50 percent of is winnings to a good course i just dont think jealousy comes in to it

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 02:34 PM
(#20)
You presumed to imply that they were acting out of jealousy and since no other possible reason for their queries/opinions on the subject was given any weight by you I'm being more than fair,in my estimation,as to what your intent was in your statement. And it IS insulting to place so base a motivation on someone's intentions,whether you care to admit it or not.

And what the Hell is this supposed to mean?..."to me sounds like jealousy,not said they are jealous a big difference". Jigga,jigga, what?

Is this like your "I'm not saying it's rigged,I'm just saying it goes out of it's way to set ME up" drivel?

Oh my,you are a caution holdem and no doubt.

Easy and annie...no offense to raiser,but I do think what you asked and opined on here DID need to be asked. Credit to Stakehorse for giving the impetus to start this as well. It did have a certain hint of impropriety to it at first glance,but now that we know Stars official position on this I'm satisfied myself. Just so long as this position remains consistent in all circumstances.

Paul please understand that this was never about you. I'm supremely confident that I speak for everyone when I say that we all think you're a great choice as a class representative of the site to win this prize.

Continue to flail away holdem,I'm done here myself.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com