Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

nl5 85s 3 barreling

Old
nl5 85s 3 barreling - Fri Mar 09, 2012, 10:46 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011

oppenent was tight ish and seemed like a decent player.
i put him on a flush draw or Kx

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 11:58 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hi DownLow,

I suggest to leave out results in a hand to enable a better analysis. Try using the option for stopping a hand under edit hand in the replayer tool.

I think the river bluff should be just fine against a tighter player because you might get two pair or a 9 to fold.

However, arguments can be made for checking back either flop or turn since I dont see many worse hands folding there. The few low pairs, ace highs or low suited connectors may as well fold to a delayed cbet OTT I guess.

The main problem is that most broadway hands will at least stick around for 1-2 streets and going into barreling mode will force you into river spots like this one where you either have to give up or triple barrel w/ 8 high.

- Felix

Live Trainer

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 12:16 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Down,

I agree with Felix, personally I like c-betting the flop on this board texture but would check back the turn and take a free card if I do... his range to check/call is going to be mostly 1 pair hands like Kx, combo hands like QJ or QT, or better hands waiting 1 street for a safe card to raise. He can have a flush draw too but there are very few combos of those, the large % of his range are the made hands and basically none of this is ever folding to the turn barrel, and you run the risk of getting check/raised if he flopped big. Which would be a disaster since you're drawing live against those hands and can expect to get paid if you hit, but may not even be able to profitably see the river vs. a check/raise.

In either case (barreling flop and turn or checking back one of those streets) the river card is a fantastic one to bluff at since you can credibly rep the ace and it turns his entire non-ace range into bluff catchers.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com