Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Online Events /

Unlimited rebuys

Old
Unlimited rebuys - Fri Mar 09, 2012, 04:58 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Just looked at the format for event 1 of micro millions

Starting at 50 chips but 20 mins unlimited rebuys up to 1m chips avalible at 10 cents a time (50 chips)

Has anyone played anything like this before first is predicted at 2786 bucks so if you spend 1k rebuys for 1/2 million chips might be worth it!!

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 06:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
I played one a while ago, it was unlimited rebuys for .01. The idea seemed to be that you rebuy as fast as you can so you have max chips when the rebuy ends. They can get expensive even at a penny, so I guess it depends how much you are willing to spend.

You would be at a big disadvantage in stack size not rebuying, I just tried to stay at least average until the rebuy ended. YMMV

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 07:01 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2011
Yargh.
I can't believe my eyes.
I've taken a screenshot (see below) because I can't believe them.

Now, it's called rebuy madness. Ok, fair enough, you get 50 chips to start.
And... it says you must have 1 million chips or less (less?) to be "able" to rebuy.
And the add-on gets you 100 chips. Perfect if you're over the 1 million mark, I guess.
Whoever thought that one up is either a genius or totally demented.

I'm definitely not playing it, but it could be fun to watch...

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 07:12 PM
(#4)
It is true you get 50 chips it this one but to be fair that's 25 BB in first level.

So how did you do in your unlimited Joy?

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 10, 2012, 03:39 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
They should've gone after the world record of Donkiest Donkament EVAR with this game. 'Cause that's exactly what it's going to be.

Even still, I'd set aside a couple bucks to see if I could bingo a stack. That prize pool is gonna be pretty damn huge.

Old
Sat Mar 10, 2012, 07:49 AM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
It is true you get 50 chips it this one but to be fair that's 25 BB in first level.

So how did you do in your unlimited Joy?

Grade b
Just keep buying double stacks 4 the 20 min extended reg. 100 double stack rebuys = $20 = 10.000 chips. If U dun play a single hand during the rebuy period, U shouldn't lose more than ur original startin stack of 50 chips. Dun 4get to add on. Using this strat, I predict that coming out of rebuy/add on, U should have approximately 10,050 chips. Go mad!!! Enjoy!!!

Old
Sat Mar 10, 2012, 08:05 AM
(#7)
given my stella record with rebuys and the thought that 10k chips would be mega short stack. I will give these a miss.

On the other hand mega knock seems fun.

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 10, 2012, 08:18 AM
(#8)
Quote:
given my stella record with rebuys and the thought that 10k chips would be mega short stack. I will give these a miss.

On the other hand mega knock seems fun.

Grade b
I beg to differ. The 10K stack should put U well over average stack... if not in the top 20-25% of remaining field (IMO).

Hiccup

But the only way to see is... test the theory... walk the walk... to back up... talk the talk...

I'm thinkin of givin this a whirl... weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Last edited by EasyChips4U; Sat Mar 10, 2012 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: Add on/typo

Old
Sat Mar 10, 2012, 08:32 AM
(#9)
I will try to rail you.

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 10, 2012, 08:47 AM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Do you know on another of the poker sites they have this " the who table is all in first hand with 1 chip = there buy in. Winner takes all." Even your lucky shoe buckle with AA han't get you a chance to win, after win. So this is so gay, and definately a $#%^ off by pokerstars. How they can think this is a micro stakes tournament when they offer 2000$ buy ins for a milll in chips. What a joke, Let me know if you want my spot, i'ld sooner keep my 10 cents.
If you read Joy's and easy chips thoughts you will see that as long as you plan your play accordingly Not treat it like a 10 cent game more like a 10 - 20 dollar game, its good value if you can play re-buys/turbos which is not my thing.

Personally i'd like stars to offer Deep stack long blind level games taht match my work and family life, but i do understand why that might not suit everybody.

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 10, 2012, 08:47 AM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Do you know on another of the poker sites they have this " the who table is all in first hand with 1 chip = there buy in. Winner takes all." Even your lucky shoe buckle with AA han't get you a chance to win, after win. So this is so gay, and definately a $#%^ off by pokerstars. How they can think this is a micro stakes tournament when they offer 2000$ buy ins for a milll in chips. What a joke, Let me know if you want my spot, i'ld sooner keep my 10 cents.
U MUST FIND...

UR INNER LAG!!!

AND...

FORGET BR MGMT

Old
Sat Mar 10, 2012, 09:04 AM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyChips4U View Post
U MUST FIND...

UR INNER LAG!!!

Very true

AND...

FORGET BR MGMT

Not soo true you could budget this one as a $11 or $22 buy in just know what you are willing to spend and lose and budget accordingly

Opps see my replies in blue

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 10, 2012, 09:17 AM
(#13)
"Not soo true you could budget this one as a $11 or $22 buy in just know what you are willing to spend and lose and budget accordingly."

Seeing this is a "Micro Millions" Promo... aimed @ Micro players... I'm thinkin #2 above may be the REALITY 4 many wishin to participate in Event #1.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by EasyChips4U; Sat Mar 10, 2012 at 09:28 AM..

Old
Sat Mar 10, 2012, 09:25 AM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyChips4U View Post

Seeing this is a "Micro Millions" Promo... aimed @ Micro players... I'm thinkin #2 above may be the REALITY 4 many wishin to participate in Event #1.

Just my opinion.

Oh don't get me wrong i do agree and the more i think about it the juicier that makes it. But i hope that PSO members reading these posts will relise the reality. I would still rather use my $11 for the 400k Guarantee games.

Mind you if i boost my bank roll up pass $500 i will put aside $50 to play some others.

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 10, 2012, 09:33 AM
(#15)
Quote:
I would still rather use my $11 for the 400k Guarantee games.
+1

total agreement

Old
Sat Mar 10, 2012, 10:22 PM
(#16)
Since: Dec 2010
terrible structure

Old
Sat Mar 10, 2012, 10:30 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo43 View Post
terrible structure
would you care to elaborate a bit?

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 10, 2012, 10:40 PM
(#18)
Since: Jul 2010
I honestly can't remember how I did, but it was kinda fun. Just shove and pray, or fold and rebuy as fast as you can. They're like a hyper-turbo on steroids, and you can definitely indulge your inner lag to your hearts content.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com