Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Again out of luck

Old
Again out of luck - Sun Mar 11, 2012, 06:13 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2008
One more time, I believe this one is just unlucky....

Old
Sun Mar 11, 2012, 09:55 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi AJEI!

Preflop with 88, in position, I'm calling the opp's raise and get to see the 3-way flop in position.

With the flop giving me top set and a flush draw out there, the preflop raiser makes a min bet?! That absolutely would look like a blocking bet (to a low straight or flush draw). Due to this, I want to raise enough to price either of them out. With two opps in the hand, my normal bet is about 3/4 pot, so I'll raise to 345, as I want to be sure to price both opps out if they both decide to stay.

The opp then makes a raise to almost put both them and me all-in. With top set, I'm shoving the rest of my chips in every single time here. Even if they have a straight or hit the flush, I've got 7 outs on the turn and 10 on the river to win the hand. Unfortunately, the opp hits the draw on the river, but I'll take my chances in that situation everytime.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com