Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

JJ vs player on tilt | STT

Old
JJ vs player on tilt | STT - Wed Mar 14, 2012, 11:10 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2010
2-3 hands before I flopped straight against him and he double up me with Q2. then start raising/beting every hand

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
NL Holdem $30(BB) Replayer
SB ($1,595)
BB ($3,290)
UTG ($3,015)
Hero ($3,235)
CO ($1,395)
BTN ($970)

Dealt to Hero J:club: J:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $90, CO calls $90, fold, fold, BB raises to $150, Hero calls $60, CO calls $60

FLOP ($465) T:spade: 3:heart: 2:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $285, CO folds, BB calls $285

TURN ($1,035) T:spade: 3:heart: 2:heart: 9:heart:

BB bets $2,855 (AI), Hero folds

BB wins $1,035

Old
Thu Mar 15, 2012, 08:40 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Hi again CZDonkey,

I really like your fold here. Knowing this guy's range can contain pretty much any combination of two pair on this board (T9, 93, 32, etc.) means that he can easily have the best hand at the moment. What's more, a preflop minraise does normally indicate AK, QQ+ strength (although if this guy is a nut, it might not). The key point here is that you and the villain are both double-stacked. There is no reason to risk that now, when the deepest stack at the table is essentially dead money. He's probably not shoving second pair, top kicker here; a move this strong will indicate a very big hand a large portion of the time.

Overall, I think you played the hand perfectly. 4betting preflop would have been way too risky on 100bb, and c-betting bigger on the flop might have given the strength of your hand away. If the BB hadn't donk jammed the turn and checked instead, I would have likely checked behind in your shoes, because I wouldn't want to be rejammed on that board.

I like your patience here. Well played.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com