Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

I noticed there is a lack of membership and posts recently!?

Old
Fri Mar 16, 2012, 09:48 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2010
If no one can speak there mind and not have there little behind slapped here 4 no reason then yes you would get the gang back. But i dont see that happeninglove and miss moxie holdiim is killing me HAPPY

Old
Fri Mar 16, 2012, 10:10 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
It's been slowing down more and more ever since Black Friday.

Looking at the leagues lately I am rather befuddled as to why there are no Canadians or British in the higher ranking spots? It doesn't make any sense to me unless there simply aren't a lot of them playing anymore?

Old
Fri Mar 16, 2012, 10:51 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYSAP View Post
If no one can speak there mind and not have there little behind slapped here 4 no reason
Speaking ones mind is not the problem, the problem is the method in which some choose to present their thoughts.

Warnings and infractions are NEVER given for no reason. They are given for violating the forum rules. Responding to a warning or infraction by further violating the rules results in an escalating issue that leads to the ban hammer, it's not rocket science.

Speaking one's mind is not against the rules. Flaming is. Unfortunately there are some members who have a lot of difficulty separating the two, but it is actually possible to voice one's criticisms in a constructive way without flaming peeps, if one really tries.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 17, 2012, 12:04 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerguyAA View Post
It's been slowing down more and more ever since Black Friday.

Looking at the leagues lately I am rather befuddled as to why there are no Canadians or British in the higher ranking spots? It doesn't make any sense to me unless there simply aren't a lot of them playing anymore?
Just spec and personal experience on my part here. The league was never meant nor set up for working stiffs, or anyone for that matter who may have obligations after work, be it family or what have you. The league's time requirement can be onerous, perhaps better suited to the retired (me eventually) or the underemployed (me once) and single Generation Y'ers.

I played the first 3 months of PSO. Only had success during a two week stint of summer holiday, and when I looked back upon that time away from work and how I wasted it in front of the computer I did a re-think. For me and others like me the league was never a great design.

Not knocking those otherwise occupied people who also have the time and skill to play and compete here. Just saying the league setup doesn't speak to a regular (culturally normal) lifestyle.

I still come around cuz I like the folks here. Just not as often. Couple, three times a week. Used to check in daily, AM and PM. Then I went on a tilt. It allowed me to realize I was taking the poker thing to seriously. Not coming here as often as I did was part of the 'therapy'. Now I check out the videos and come to see who's doing well, who's having difficulty and who's still writing the best poker analysis or best commentary. (You two know of whom I speak)

Old
Sat Mar 17, 2012, 12:17 AM
(#5)
By the way, seeing as many of you have set goals I guess I should put mine out here as well. I've started playing the Mercury level Battle of the Planets. Always a dollar fifty 27 man SNG. I THINK I can manage the 40 hours a week one low orbit rotation requires. Goal is to make the top ten and get an invite to the 50 grand freeroll. Still have trouble knowing my own head. Knowing when I'm in the proper place in time and space to play with discipline. I'm on a final table as I type this, 7 of 9, (no jokes please) and must find a way to play 6 more tourneys before midnight Saturday. Wife will not be pleased with me......

Old
Sat Mar 17, 2012, 02:52 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Has anyone noticed the lack of membership and hand posts in Pso recently or is it just my more frequent use o the last posts button?

Seems, that the activity in Pso has been dying down from some of the regular posters. And that the particular posts through out the forum are not gaining as much interest and replies one could expect?

Just thinking out allowed.
I am to blame I fear IJJ. As a newish, active poster, I should by rights have created exactly 12 threads by now. But have an appallingly low 3 threads to my name including hand analysis.

A circumstance brought on by poor judgement. I stick to a single thread with all my questions and musings so as to not over saturate board. I can review that choice if you like, am not getting the feed back I was hoping for anyway. So its a sacrifice I am willing to make for the common good and all .

Cheers, Jergul

Old
Sat Mar 17, 2012, 08:17 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Has anyone noticed the lack of membership and hand posts in Pso recently or is it just my more frequent use o the last posts button?

Seems, that the activity in Pso has been dying down from some of the regular posters. And that the particular posts through out the forum are not gaining as much interest and replies one could expect?

They scared most of us reg's off

Old
Sat Mar 17, 2012, 08:26 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Some of us are still active, even your friendly American hedgehog. We have been relegated to the play money sector and I'm sad to report the rest of the membership treats us like (censored).

However, I don't need to have my face slapped whenever I try posting something on my SNG challenge. You can be certain that I'm frustrated too. Bad enough there's no news, which I can understand. But to cotinually hear how worthless our contribution to the site is now does eat away at us Americans.

I channel that frustration into my SNG challenge, others take a more confrontational viewpoint. Either way, we want to be part of the PSO experience, not something the membership ignores or trashes.

Old
Sat Mar 17, 2012, 10:58 AM
(#9)
Since: Nov 2011
i will no longer post anything usefull poker related. why? my posts are classed as rubbish even though many of my theories where what a lot of people think. What better way can anyone tell me than to post the opposite to get a opposite reaction ruling out ludicress thougths.but many people got personal attacking me and not my posts.
So no longer wil i try to help with the mindset of the game.

Old
Sat Mar 17, 2012, 01:10 PM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
i will no longer post anything usefull poker related. why? my posts are classed as rubbish even though many of my theories where what a lot of people think. What better way can anyone tell me than to post the opposite to get a opposite reaction ruling out ludicress thougths.but many people got personal attacking me and not my posts.

Thank You

I'm sure your thoughts are important to you and some other people may think like you, but I am
here to learn the facts about poker and how winning players accomplish it.

Most members hear will attack you and your posts when you post incorrect information or not backed up with stats because they are protecting the community from being fed information that will hurt their game.

You may have or one day have valuable information to give but you must learn to separate the
holdemace facts in your head with accurate facts. Also if your posting something you have
read somewhere state who wrote it giving them the credit or branding they deserve.

Old
Sat Mar 17, 2012, 01:39 PM
(#11)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
i will no longer post anything usefull poker related. When did you start? why? my posts are classed as rubbish even though many of my theories where what a lot of people think. What better way can anyone tell me than to post the opposite to get a opposite reaction ruling out ludicress thougths.but many people got personal attacking me and not my posts.

*sniffle...sniffle...whine...*

Well first off I'd love to know what theories you posted that were consistent with what many people think. Or more to the point are consistent with what any people who actually...gasp,shudder...turn a PROFIT playing poker think.

Why shouldn't your theories be disputed as the tripe they were? Especially after you posted upon your first return from one of your many "I quit" whinefests that you were here for no purpose but to level this forum and have a laugh at everyone's expense.

So here you are again...with your passive/aggressive crap...lashing out at the same people you bragged on leveling and having a laugh at the expense of and then blaming THEM for personally attacking YOU.

You seriously need some help. And I'm not talking about your poker game.

Old
Sat Mar 17, 2012, 02:14 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Had lots to say regarding Holdemace486, then I remembered my last posting and erased my comments.

All I will do is ask if we can address him as "PresBruno #2" whenever he appears. That should be sufficient.

Old
Sat Mar 17, 2012, 02:23 PM
(#13)
Quote:

There is still a lot of good here jigjig. The trainers,led by Langolier,do a great job and the analysis section has it's value as well.

As for the rest? Well,when any and all discussion as to what is wrong with the "new and improved" forum is herded into,yet another,"OFFICIAL DISCUSSION" thread where they can be largely ignored,then we have a problem. Never mind the moving of posts that can have some educational value from the General section or others to the Support section so they to can be herded into an "OFFICIAL DISCUSSION" thread.

Nothing is transparent,communication is for crap (the ONLY person in any official capacity to contact me over my incident last week isn't even here in a Mod role to begin with...simply stunning...though I DO thank that person for his response).

Instead we get our thread closed,our posts deleted and in lieu of any explanation we get the PSO version of a form letter via PM.

The debacle that they call the Staking section was the most telling incident for me. Months later,the stakers are still waiting for rules to be implemented and are being ripped off on a regular basis as a result. And PSO's response? Well the one rule they seem to care about enforcing is no "off topic posts" in the staking section. Of course when McCrissinger,an AMERICAN player,with nothing to lose or gain through his efforts,submits posts outing scammers HE'S told his submissions are "off topic".

Simply pathetic.

The explanation to my jig is that the peeps here see the "new and improved" PSO for what it is...a place that,at least in the eyes of the site,is peripherally about improving you all as players but mainly about getting you to spend your money as expeditiously as possible. And their response has been to leave. In droves.

Were they to actually listen to the trainers,mods and members who try,repeatedly,to tell them that trying to find a middle ground approach (this IS a business after all and no on disputes that) and treat people like valued CUSTOMERS instead of commodities then it would be better for everyone.

Their bottom line included.

Old
Sat Mar 17, 2012, 04:57 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
Had lots to say regarding Holdemace486, then I remembered my last posting and erased my comments.

All I will do is ask if we can address him as "PresBruno #2" whenever he appears. That should be sufficient.
Ahh...PresBruno, AKPro and what's his name that always ended his post with "just sayin'"

Memories........pot stirrers......good times.......

Old
Sat Mar 17, 2012, 05:04 PM
(#15)
Quote:
... my posts are classed as rubbish even though many of my theories where what a lot of people think. ...
One hard fact about poker is that most people playing the game are losers. Winning poker is not subject to consensus. The one trait you need to become a winning poker player is to make mostly +EV decisions. Poker is not about just the cards you get nor what your opponent(s) get. Its about assessing the situation, recognizing profitable ones and avoiding unprofitable ones.

On the felt you have no control of the cards so wishing for something is a waste of time. Instead recognize what you do control, namely your behaviors and actions. Anything else is -EV.

Old
Sat Mar 17, 2012, 05:34 PM
(#16)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
One hard fact about poker is that most people playing the game are losers. Winning poker is not subject to consensus. The one trait you need to become a winning poker player is to make mostly +EV decisions. Poker is not about just the cards you get nor what your opponent(s) get. Its about assessing the situation, recognizing profitable ones and avoiding unprofitable ones.

On the felt you have no control of the cards so wishing for something is a waste of time. Instead recognize what you do control, namely your behaviors and actions. Anything else is -EV.
QFT!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 17, 2012, 06:09 PM
(#17)
Quote:
My original comment said nothing about quality only said about quantity. So Address op correctly when dragging my name down as to have been having a go at the forum about the quality. Thanks moxie.

You decided to open a thread on the paucity of membership and posts here of late as if you wanted a discussion on the subject and then I surmise as to WHY this may be and I'm dragging YOU down by doing so?

Wow.

Here then Mr. jiggles...I'll have another go at responding to your OP...

"You are certainly right Mr. jigjig. There do look to be many less posts and members of late. Maybe peeps are tired of inane musings being put forth for no apparent reason and then the OP'er getting their diapers in a twist when people try to answer their queries in the first place?"

Tell you what dude,if you don't want your thoughts commented on in the future then maybe be less open ended and cryptic in your postings.

Or Hell,just keep them to yourself altogether.

Cripes.

Old
Sat Mar 17, 2012, 07:15 PM
(#18)
Since: Feb 2011
we used to have alot of lively discussions here where we were allowed to speak our minds , as long as the topic was still being addressed. or topics that were within topics. that very productive (IMO) style is no longer allowed under the rule of the "new and improved" version of PSO.
and yes many many posters have just left as a result.
and many more were just sick of seeing ridiculous posts after posts from the same people w/o being able to express their thoughts about the posts or lunacy of said posts w/o having the ruler slapped across their knuckles. heck we cant even joke around amongst ourselves w/o getting infractions or bans for "SPAMMING" the forum, when in all actuality the SPAM i see comes from within not from members
and for anyone to not get why people stopped posting i find to be a bit naive about general human nature in all honesty.

May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Old
Sat Mar 17, 2012, 07:45 PM
(#19)
Quote:
My original comment said nothing about quality only said about quantity. So Address op correctly when dragging my name down as to have been having a go at the forum about the quality. Thanks moxie.
Did i read this correctly JigJig you don't care what rubbish we put up as long as we put up lots of it?

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 17, 2012, 08:51 PM
(#20)
I love PSO

Helps me a lot on improving my game. Everyone here are just doing a great job from the moderators to the trainers. All I have for them are praises. Well done Sir's

+EV for me here at PSO

Let's be positive, writing negative comments will only bring bad vibes.

If you have nothing to say positive IMO don't write at all.

If you have any suggestions to improve the quality or quantity then fell free to post.

Positive comments = Happy mood for everybody = Winnings in life

No matter how good we are in poker we will suffer a loss but if we are positive in life we will never lose

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com