Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$5.50 micro millions

Old
$5.50 micro millions - Fri Mar 16, 2012, 12:28 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
i have no real info on the player at this stage

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

should i play this different?
my thoughts early min raise is a little suspicious,flop is good for me but also many other hands,i dont want to fold and am hoping to pair the board and get it all in,when it doesnt happen i worry a little and fold to make sure i finish itm,
i had a little rant at him in chat box asking if bluff,no response,about 6 hands later he calls a raise flop produces 2 diamonds and a jack,turn a diamond and river another high card which he bets out at and is called and shows 9 10 hearts,nothing but air,had i seen this no way i fold my set shame it happened after.

Old
Fri Mar 16, 2012, 02:39 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi milehigh!

With QQ and a min-raise in front of me, I'd 3-bet to 12k preflop. I can hopefully thin the field, since there are players left to act, isolate the min-raiser and have postion and the lead in the hand.

On the flop, I hit top set, but there a numerous striaght and flush draws available, inlcuding some possible made straights. Due to this, I need to make sure that the opp is priced out to draw to any of them, so I'll bet between 3/4 and pot on the flop. Any smaller bet prices in the draws, which I don't want to do.

On the turn, the flush and multiple straights hit with the 9 of spades. I now have 10 outs to improve, so I do not want to call a bet that will be over 20% pot equity. Therefore, I'm going to fold to the 1/2 pot bet, as calling it will be a -EV play.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com