Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$5.50 micro millions

Old
$5.50 micro millions - Fri Mar 16, 2012, 12:43 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
this ones in early to middle stage

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

pretty straight forward i hit a flop with a lot of draws and made a decision that this hand would get me itm or busted out,it worked out well for me,though i was not keen gettin it in only on a draw with all the action,any thoughts ?
my reason for playing this and folding the set in my other evaluation request,is only because of the stage the tournament was at good or bad play/decision?

Last edited by milehigh0874; Fri Mar 16, 2012 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: add info

Old
Fri Mar 16, 2012, 03:36 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi milehigh!

To call the opp's flop shove, I'll need to put 10854 into a pot that will be 30108 (36%).
I have 9 outs to the flush and 3 more to a striaght, so 12 outs. For only the turn card only, my hand equity is 24%. Due to the hand equity being lower, I do not want to call here.

If I shove, then I'm guaranteed to see both the turn and river cards, which will double my hand equity to 48%. If anyone calls my shove, I will not have more than 48% invested into the pot, so a shove will be a +EV play.

Due to these numbers, I'm going to shove the flop, instead of calling the first shove and then calling the overshove.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com