Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

6max 2NL Is Quackers....

Old
6max 2NL Is Quackers.... - Fri Mar 16, 2012, 04:00 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
Yes I have those ducks again...

The opponent is pretty manic - very aggressive - prone to shoving his whole stack whether its $1 or $10, preflop - on the flop - anywhere really.

His preflop stats were 42VPIP / 26PFR over 100 hands.

I have doubled up from this opp already once - he has stacked people off a few times and wins/loses big. He recently shoved JQ preflop into Aces and they hit trips to his nut straight.

He does like any 2 broadways, anything suited, any pair, any ace, any king - pretty much the lot.

I bet 4 cents when I hit my set on the turn with 3 hearts on the board - opp reraises to 46cents.
(It doesn't show clearly on the replayer - I probably edited it wrongly.)

Any thoughts

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Fri Mar 16, 2012 at 04:10 PM..

Old
Fri Mar 16, 2012, 09:04 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Ed,

This is really a dream scenario imo, hitting a really strong hand and having the table maniac spaz out.

Maybe the dude has a flush, but 1) it's hard to picture a guy like this checking the flop with a flush draw, and 2) we have 10 outs to draw out on a flush as a back up plan.

Since it's pretty hard to picture him checking the flop with an ace or flush draw, chances are he has turned a flush draw. Or maybe he flopped 2 pair and slow played the flop. All of which we're beating.

This guy is bad enough that I'm willing to commit and play for stacks, so I would raise again, maybe about $2 to go which gives him room to spaz some more and shove with a flush draw.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com