Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Women's section /

Women's Sunday First Birthday Celebration

Old
Women's Sunday First Birthday Celebration - Mon Mar 19, 2012, 12:35 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
PokerStars Women has announced the details of the Women's Sunday First Birthday celebration! It promises to be a fantastic event, with a number of reasons to come on out to the party. It all takes place next Sunday, and here is a list of things to look forward to:

- The Women's Sunday itself will be bigger than ever, with a $20,000 guaranteed prize pool and $100 bounties on each member of Team Pro.

- Every participant in the Women's Sunday will receive a PokerStars Women Live satellite ticket, for free! All entrants in the $55 event will receive a €2.20 ticket, and everyone who reaches the final table will receive a €215 ticket.

- The Women's Sunday will feature the regular $5.50 and 500 FPP satellites, but this Sunday's event will have tickets awarded by freerolls, too! Starting on Mar. 19 through Mar. 23, there will be a password announced daily on either Facebook or Twitter to access the freeroll satellites. The full schedule can be found below.

- PokerStars Women will also be hosting its first ever live interactive webcast, featuring Adrienne "talonchick" Rowsome. Everyone will have a chance to chat live with Adrienne, and the winner of the Flickr photo competition will be announced during the webcast! There will be other great reasons to attend, and you can learn about all of them here.

The passwords to the Mar. 25 Women's Sunday freeroll satellites will be announced following this schedule:

Monday, March 19 @ 14:30 ET - Facebook
Tuesday, March 20 @ 14:30 ET - Twitter
Wednesday, March 21 @ 13:30 ET - Facebook
Thursday, March 22 @ 13:30 ET - Twitter
Friday, March 23 @ 14:30 ET - Facebook

The Women's Sunday First Birthday celebration is going to be be a great one, so don't miss out on the festivities! All of us here at PSO wish everyone a great time, the best of luck, and a very happy birthday to the Women's Sunday!

Last edited by PanickyPoker; Mon Mar 19, 2012 at 03:12 AM..

Old
Mon Mar 19, 2012, 04:23 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
They had a special freeroll in the summer time I think ... that's where I encountered this disaster:

I was on tilt for weeks LOL! But what a difference almost a year can make ... probably I should have raised more in the first place, and then when I got 3bet, probably I should have just folded - we were like 5 away from the bubble, and they could have had KK or AA for all I knew. That never occurred to me at the time (to fold) :/

Now I probably wasted all my run-good making it deep and not cashing in the last freeroll, and'll go out the first hand in this next one

Oh well, will try my best ... it's a freeroll, what else can you do

Adrienne's cat is so cute

Last edited by TrustySam; Mon Mar 19, 2012 at 04:26 PM..

Old
Mon Mar 19, 2012, 04:46 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
I think i will play this one

Old
Mon Mar 19, 2012, 07:23 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
I'm looking forward to Sunday already!! Hope I can hit a satty for my entry, but I'm playing either way.

Old
Tue Mar 20, 2012, 04:12 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Just tried a satty, but I was card-dead and didn't win one hand

Will have to see if I can get lucky in one of the freerolls on the weekend instead, but I saw that it's like a 'step' thing, with 5 step 1 tickets for 10,000 people? That must be a major shove-fest, would you think? It makes me think of those videos I've seen on tv of those women who line up to get into those wedding dress sales they call the 'running of the brides', where everybody's pushing and shoving to get to the good stuff?

Oh well, if it doesn't happen this year, hopefully there'll be another party next year

Old
Tue Mar 20, 2012, 05:06 PM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2010
^^^ Looks really tough. I imagine with everything the exact same colour, it must be a nightmare trying to tell the good stuff from the trash.

Old
Tue Mar 20, 2012, 07:06 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
^^^
haha!

Some of those women look like linebackers trying to make first down (I don't watch football ) . I guess people must just grab what they can and hope they don't get trampled in the process?

Sometimes the No Frills by my house is like that on 'dollar days'

Last edited by TrustySam; Tue Mar 20, 2012 at 07:11 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com