Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

about fraudulent activity

Old
about fraudulent activity - Mon Mar 19, 2012, 01:28 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
is anyone worried about stars not releasing details of players accused of cheating or fraud. this is the second time i have recieved a refund after participating in a game where cheating was going on, but they cant tell me which games or which players were involved. to what extend is this going on, how were they cheating etc

PokerStars has become aware of accounts who have violated our Terms of Service, to the potential detriment of other players. You played against these accounts and as a result you may have been adversely affected.

In a case such as this it is our policy to confiscate the balances of the offenders and for PokerStars to add funds where appropriate. This compensation pool is then distributed to players potentially affected in as fair a way as possible.

To confirm your credit, please log onto your PokerStars account, go to the 'Cashier' screen and click the 'History' button. Your share will be shown as "REFUND", followed by the amount of the credit.

The integrity of the games at PokerStars is of paramount importance and appropriate action will always be taken when players operate outside the Terms of Service. PokerStars works hard to police the games in order to proactively prevent such instances. However, in cases where it is discovered that rules breaches have occurred, the aim is to ensure that any players affected are compensated appropriately.

We regret that we will be unable to answer questions as to how your specific credit amount was calculated. Likewise, we are not at liberty to identify the specific games or players in question. Suffice to say that the offenders have been barred from the site and you will not encounter them again.

Old
Mon Mar 19, 2012, 02:36 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
This probably happened because someone else playing the tourney/table noticed and reported suspected collusion. PokerStars is usually really good about the investigations into these reports and usually takes great steps to protect the players that were cheated in some way.

That being said, it is up to all players to be vigilant and report any suspicions, no matter how flimsy they may seem. Chip dumping, players from the same country seeming a little to friendly with each other... Save those hands and send them into support@pokerstars.com and they'll report back to you their findings. If you send in the report, they will reply with "we did find evidence that playerx and playerxx were acting in an unfair manner...." If you were just another player on the table/tourney, be happy that someone else spotted the cheats and you got your proper compensation.

Old
Mon Mar 19, 2012, 07:39 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
No, I'm just happy they investigated and did something about it.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com