Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

regrouping as just not helped the maths is not working!

Old
regrouping as just not helped the maths is not working! - Tue Mar 20, 2012, 05:13 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Hey all, must be carefull how i word this compared to how i feel.
Ok from my last post listened to the great solid advice and regrouped my thoughts. Reading the game well and making the right decissions, out playing my opponents yet still losing.

I took in consideration all i have learnt on here about the maths side and how hands should and suppose to hold up to there percentages.

KK - lost the last 5 times with them

AK-keep busting to ace rags

Cash tables cant even fish an hand let alone get good cards.

For some reason lost to 8x on several occasions they hit set busting me like the thing was stuck on 888 coming out.

Ok , sat here had the patience, have not tilted even though I am ready to again, in my eyes made the right decissions, in fact i know i made the right decissions my money going in good.

Constantly people winning me on the worse hand, back to square one the maths is not holding up, this is where i started on this forum with my maths not holding up.

How i am ever going to win is now behond my thinking, I have tried everything, and honestly i really do know its not me, its just my hands only hold up on small pots and lose most of the time when in a big pot. Is it just i am unlucky at poker and perhaps should give up?

I do at the moment have a good mindset and playing solid tight poker, I understand variance and downswings as explained to me on here several times.
However, am at that stage where as giving up seems easier compared to hours spent just to constantly lose more than my fair share with the better hands.

I can not sit here with a real deck of cards and get these bad results no matter how hard i try,
so again back to the maths everyone claims is accurate, how can it be?, its honestly a nightmare.

Old
Tue Mar 20, 2012, 08:49 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
www.youtube.com

search aussie millions 2011

look at the bad beats fall

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 20, 2012, 08:53 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Wow! One day.

Listen, PresBruno#2, stats are more of a long-term results. On the short, you'll find those results normal. Heck, had aces cracked in six of my seven opportunities yesterday. Does that make pocket aces a terrible hand? Sure hope not. Does it make pocket aces frustrating? You bet your sweet bippy. Most important, will I continue being aggressive with that hand? Since the hand has an 87% probability of winning, I'm playing it hard.

When you amass the statistics from at least a thousand hands, tell me how bad it is. Then again, maybe PresBruno#2 has played that many hands in one day. I do forget about multitables.

If memory serves me right, pocket kings had a 78 percent success rate when I was keeping records. Good numbers, but a hand that has me holding back on the all-in button in far too many circumstances. If you read my group one and group two thread, you'll know there are times when a particular hand cannot win or lose. Depending on when.

Ace-King is a hand that will make the old hedgehog yank out his quills. How anyone can call this hand a group one hand is beyond my understanding. Okay, it's great pre flop, but once the flop is exposed, it sucks sewer water big time. Think my experience has this hand on the high side of 500. In my mind, a coin flipper.

PresBruno#2, you comment about the 8 had me laugh. Haven't you ever been on a table where one card or combination runs hot? Think I told you about that one dealer and the fours in a live game. Happens online too. Works the opposite way too. Had a table a few days back where an ace never appeared in the community for fifteen straight hands. Made me glad that table closed since I had an ace in each of those hands.

The primary thing is to maintain a proper approach. No tilting. Good decisions. Then doing it on a consistent basis. This isn't something that will have immediate results. Time is needed to not only purge you of those bad habits, but to instill those winning ways. Continue with your education, and then apply the leasons. Just remember that poker contains an element of luck, which none can control. As one poster here said, make the right call, ship your chips, and then hope random chance follows the statistical norm.

Old
Tue Mar 20, 2012, 09:04 AM
(#4)
Since: May 2011
I'm actually starting to take this personally. I (and many others) have composed really long posts no less than three times now, and it takes less than a day before we see a new thread about this, every single time. You're still making bad decisions, you're obviously not considering the ridiculous amount of advice the members here have given you, and you STILL haven't bought a tinfoil hat. Send me your bankroll and quit poker.

The fact that you're BUSTING to ace-rags is enough information we need to know that you're so obviously not making better decisions using the tips we have given you. Suit yourself. I'm not even gonna try anymore. Just like only one out of ten thousand people is actually tone deaf, one out of ten thousand people is just plain and simple bad at poker and it's absolutely 100% impossible to teach them the difference between a C# and an F#. You're the tone deaf one.

Old
Tue Mar 20, 2012, 09:50 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
"As one poster here said, make the right call, ship your chips, and then hope random chance follows the statistical norm."

One of the best phrases for poker i have ever heard.

Old
Tue Mar 20, 2012, 11:00 AM
(#6)
Deleted user
Might be how you are playing your hands and not the hands themselves.
OTherwise variance is a b****ch and it loves it when you tilt.

Looking at your posts I would beleive mental aspects of your game are holding you back.
Search Tommy Angelo or get a deucescracked 7 day free trial and download his series "The Eightfold Path to Poker Enlightenment"! It did wonders for my mental side of the game.

Old
Tue Mar 20, 2012, 11:36 AM
(#7)
Thx isee and grade b for the things to look at, cairn and feskpins i was very appreciative of the posts the other day. this one is completely different.
I took everything in to account made the right decissions unless getting your chips in with the best hand is not the thing to do?
example noticed the opp over betting ace rags, he did this when i was sitting ak on the bb,
all folded me and him obvious reraise yes?
he shoved i called had him dominated but pffff.

small stack shoves his last 360 chips, one caller, i reraise my KK to isolate the low stacks all in,
the caller then shoves, i knew i was i front so obvious call by the read i had. he shows 99 and oh well set on the flop,

heads up dominated my opp, took him down to less than 500 chips,my aq v his q8 and what you know q88 flop and then a repeat and repeat beat to finish me off.my ak v kj am i suppose to fold my ak?

I came here originally with this problem, and again the problem is back, how is it a bad decission when most of the time im huge favourite so get the chips in?

Spent 3 years putting my chips in with the best hand but still a losing player. So came on here looking for help thinking someway that it is my game and i am not suppose to get them in with the best hand? but after been on here and you all swear by the maths, beleived ok get them in with the best hand. but when that best hand never seems to hold what left am i suppose to do.

I do not want to start posting all these bad beats again as before which i was ridiculed for.
i am making that right decission yet still losing and it seems far more than my fare share. that is what im saying.

Am i to beleive that i had a 300 game streak of luck to take $2 to $53 then all of sudden playing the exact same way can not win a race with a one legged man. ? my game is a winning game but what can u do when you just keep getting. well the only way i can put it is had over by muck,

I call muck i lose. i chase draws i miss, play premium hands loose, yet i see other people taking the chips down hitting far more than i ever chased

I see people come on cash tables playing premium only and bamm 7-9 dollers in no time. i try it i lose,

so like i said am i just that unlucky

Old
Tue Mar 20, 2012, 12:12 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
OK, I'll give this one more try. It's called a downswing, we all have them and there's is no cure except to play through them. A downswing can last for weeks or months, a few days is nothing. The key to weathering them is to use good bankroll management, and if necessary even go back to freerolls until you have started to swing back up.

Your ability to weather this period emotionally is also key, and your constant posts on this subject seem to indicate that the emotional aspect is a problem for you, Cookies gave you some help there. Download a tracker and prove to yourself that the numbers do hold up, or else prove to the rest of us that you are that one super unlucky guy that is always on the wrong side of the odds.

Until you learn to handle this aspect of the game you are, unfortunately, doomed to failure.

Old
Tue Mar 20, 2012, 12:35 PM
(#9)
Thank you joy for the good advice and shall be looking up what cookies suggested, and yes i probably should jump in a few free rolls why im in this downswing, but i think downswings are mostly down to bad play and tilt and i am doing neither at the moment and thanks i am keeping good br management and still have a healthy BR at this time for my chosen level.
however with no option for further reload i do not intend to lose my remainder without checking every little detail if need be, if it means posting a problem every single day i would expect with this been a poker school some help. i know its tedious for all but im a losing player and want to win. so if i do not post i will never know unless i ask.
I agree some posts may be worded different but on the same topic, but if i can not get my head around the answers off cause i need to ask again. and again if need be until i have fixed whatever leaks i must have which i can not find.
I thank all who do spend the time to try help me and really appreciate it, and if i found the ultimate poker secret would gladly share with all.
Some people on here joy, and this is not reflected at you in any way think i am just not listening .
but if anyone actually considers my achievment since joining pso wuld realise i am doing great .No reload for ages now where as it was every other day,a decent itm.ok ranking and all thanks to the people on here.
MY posts may come across as strange and steaming but generally my posts are just inquisative.
Please do not mistake my posts for whining they re not a lot of the time. As this one is not whining its just merely asking. saying i went away and did what peole suggested and still did not work for me, do people suggest i chuck away my br then come back when its gone or post early to save my br and try to fix it.

Old
Tue Mar 20, 2012, 12:38 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Might be how you are playing your hands and not the hands themselves.
+1

Too many shoves before all 7 cards are shown and too many bet tells that basically turn your cards face up have a bunch to do with it, from the hands that I've seen. Tight solid players do NOT do these types of things.
Reading the opps is also a large part of playing poker, which you totally dismissed in your last post. This information is critical in making the correct decisions in a hand.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 20, 2012, 06:34 PM
(#11)
Think SITUATION. What is your opponents range? Their image? What is your image? How deep is the money? What is your position, relative and absolute?

Remember the three P's of poker: Patience, Position and Pressure. Are you using them to your advantage?

You're still talking about cards you've lost with. Cards are only meaningful at showdown.

Poker is a multi level game. One dimensional thinking is doomed to failure. Describe some situations to us and accept our comments. Don't juxt post a hand history, describe the situation!

Good Decisions!

h

Old
Wed Mar 21, 2012, 04:20 AM
(#12)
thx guys solid advice as per normal

Old
Wed Mar 21, 2012, 07:10 AM
(#13)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
Think SITUATION. What is your opponents range? Their image? What is your image? How deep is the money? What is your position, relative and absolute?

Remember the three P's of poker: Patience, Position and Pressure. Are you using them to your advantage?

You're still talking about cards you've lost with. Cards are only meaningful at showdown.

Poker is a multi level game. One dimensional thinking is doomed to failure. Describe some situations to us and accept our comments. Don't juxt post a hand history, describe the situation!

Good Decisions!

h
+1

May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com