Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Shove ATo

Old
Shove ATo - Tue Mar 20, 2012, 08:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
Sorry guys, I have a feel that I made a mistake here

we are already ITM and my M is about around 7

should I waiting a bit longer to shove?

villans unknow as I have been moved on this table recently (only 6 hands played)

TY

Old
Tue Mar 20, 2012, 09:16 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
***Moved***

Old
Tue Mar 20, 2012, 11:45 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi Kiroman68

Here we actually have an M of 5. 21600 / 4200 = 5.xx

It does seem a little borderline but with 13.5bb's and A10o in the HJ+1 position this is a +ev shove. We are increasing our stack size by 20% if it gets through. Unlucky to run into AJ and AA! Better luck next time

Old
Tue Mar 20, 2012, 11:53 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
There's another way of thinking about this hand that uses the concept of adjusted big blinds. We technically only have 7.7bb here, because of the antes that are in play. The effect the antes have basically make shoving anything we would be on 7bb profitable, even though we technically have 13bb. Because of the effect of the antes, our stack is almost half of what it appears to be, which makes the hands we can shove much more numerous than if there were no antes in play.

I would shove as wide as A8 here. If the people behind me were tight, I might shove even more aces, but I don't think shoving A8 will ever be -EV here, so shoving AT is even better.

Old
Wed Mar 21, 2012, 05:36 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2010
That's a great analysis!

Thank you very much for it

P.S. Please, forgive me to post the hand in the wrong place and thank you for move it in the right place I will be more careful next time (even if I know now where to post )

TYVM

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com