Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Trapping play with AA.

Old
Trapping play with AA. - Fri Mar 23, 2012, 09:20 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011

no read on the villain.. he just sat down and played 3 hands..

Old
Fri Mar 23, 2012, 09:21 AM
(#2)
i decided to check, to get value from weaker hands such as TT JJ perhaps QQ. and if he was playing hands like AK AQs I could let a card peel off with too much worry and again in the hope that he´d bluff.

Old
Fri Mar 23, 2012, 11:54 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Sjekkkk,

I think your line is fine here. He's generally going to have a lot of big cards and pocket pairs in his range, checking the flop should get us 2 streets of value from pairs (where as if we just barrel off a competent player will likely only give us 1 street. If we were up against a know fish or calling station I would barrel off since we can get 3 streets from their middle pocket pairs). It also gives big cards a chance to hit a worse pair, and it gives an aggressive player a chance to pickup up the lead and bluff at it. Plus it's a nice balancing line, so we're not always c-betting 100% of the time with overpairs on raggy flops, even though c-betting would be the standard play it's nice to have some balance at levels where more players are prone to noticing such things.

As played I think check/call the river is probably better than betting. Our delayed turn c-bet could still look like AK in the villains eyes, but if we bet again on a very coordinated river card that does not rate to help us, it makes our hand look really strong. But if we check we may induce bets from worse and bluffs as this looks like a great spot to bluff us. And as played I would never check/fold to this river bet, way too many worse hands he can be betting here after this action sequence.

Also we need to note that he both iso-raised a suited connector from the button, and called a sizable 3b with it. On 100 bb stacks this is a spew, and it's good to note he makes it.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 23, 2012, 04:01 PM
(#4)
thanks dave,

I did make the note , I followed your class about effective note making.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com