Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Individual Maximum Number of Tables **OFFICIAL DISCUSSION**

Old
Individual Maximum Number of Tables **OFFICIAL DISCUSSION** - Fri Mar 23, 2012, 11:30 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
We have recently started giving individual players a different maximum number of tables based on how quickly they act at the tables. We are rolling out this change slowly, and only a small portion of our players will be affected by this change. The default maximum number of tables will stay at 24.

The main reason for making this change is to make the playing experience better by limiting the number of tables that can be played by players who are consistently taking too long to act and slowing down the action for the rest of the players at their tables. We are also giving table cap increases to players who have consistently demonstrated they can competently play 24 tables simultaneously without slowing down others at their tables.

Any player who is in danger of having his Table Cap lowered will be given a month's notice to improve their playing speed before we will reduce their Table Cap.

This feature will be slowly expanded over the coming months, but it is not currently expected to ever affect a large percentage of players.

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 23, 2012, 11:34 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
I actually like this idea, although the treshold should be pretty high. Not everyone is Nanonoko. Even though part of the mass tabling strategy is to stay out of sticky situations when possible, they still occur frequently whether you like it or not. Overall, thumbs up for this!

Old
Fri Mar 23, 2012, 12:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Very cool I like this.

Old
Fri Mar 23, 2012, 12:48 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Seems to me this may honk off a very few players, but is largely a positive thing...

The ones who will feel put out by the change are probably those who THINK they can massively multi table, but who really shouldn't be doing so. The ones who CAN play that many will probably be able to see an increase in their ability to do so when their limit is raised.

So those who "can" will be able to show they can "do", and those that can't are the only ones who will whine about it.

Seems very sensible to me!

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 23, 2012, 01:02 PM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
I think this is a good thing too.

I doubt it will tick anyone off. It's really quite simple. Either you can play 24 tables in a timely fashion or you can't. Anyone who tries will either be time banking all over the place or they won't, and it's doubtful they've much to argue about if they can't keep up. Nor should they have any desire to add more tables if that's the case. And for those who are able to cruise on 24 tables, why not let them add more? It's a win-win imo.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 23, 2012, 02:48 PM
(#6)
Two questions I have that I don't see addressed here...

1. The default cap is 24 tables. Okay. How far LESS than 24 tables is the basement that a player can be lowered to?

2. And this sort of ties into question 1...Are the timing actions (or better yet,inactions...) of LEAGUE games taken into consideration here,or are only $ buy-in games,rings,SNG's and MTT's,being considered?

I'm assuming that's the case,and maybe it's even narrowed to rings only,that would be good for everyone to know. But if it's just a general clock on players tracking their reaction time in ALL hands played on the client...well certainly Open League players for sure are going to be considered molasses slow,given the stall and fold strategy that works so well there.

Now I'm not under the illusion that anyone competent enough to even consider 12,18 or 24 tables would even be playing the Open League. But I'm betting there are players who play 4,5,6 or more tables there. Hence the question on what kind of a basement this could be lowered to. I mean if because of their perfectly reasonable actions in the Open League,given the parameters of the league,players who play a few tables and are perfectly fine time wise there ARE considered slow because of what they do in the league,can they have their cap lowered below the few tables they are playing?

If time in league games IS tracked and players can be penalized for it I think that may make a few peeps punt playing in the league. So some clarification on this would be a good thing.

Overall though I agree,this sounds like a good move by the site.

Old
Fri Mar 23, 2012, 03:03 PM
(#7)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
2. And this sort of ties into question 1...Are the timing actions (or better yet,inactions...) of LEAGUE games taken into consideration here,or are only $ buy-in games,rings,SNG's and MTT's,being considered?
Since there's no max cap for tournament tables, I assume that this only affects cash games, so clocking down in the leagues or other tournaments shouldn't influence your max table limit, at least there's no reason to.

Old
Fri Mar 23, 2012, 03:57 PM
(#8)
That would be my assumption to feskprins,but assumption being the mother of all you know what's I'm fine with looking like the donk who asked the question just to get some clarification.

GL at the tables.

Old
Fri Mar 23, 2012, 05:08 PM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2011
Hello everyone,

Question 1: As I'm not 100% sure if a limitation will be ever lowered beyond 24 tables I have asked the PokerStars Ring Games Manager for clarification and I will post his response as soon as I get it.

Question 2: Tournaments and SNGs are not affected, only ring game tables.

Regards
Christopher

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Christopher

Old
Fri Mar 23, 2012, 07:28 PM
(#10)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
I doubt it will tick anyone off.
It upsets me, actually. Saying you either can or can't multitable in a timely manner isn't necessarily a valid point to a profiting player, depending on where PS is choosing to draw the line. That's because players who profit don't care whether or not they time bank. If PS plans to restrict tables on anyone who time banks, then anyone who mass-multitables could be affected, and nobody who does is going to like it. I do not approve of this, because I time bank a lot.

Last edited by PanickyPoker; Fri Mar 23, 2012 at 07:32 PM..

Old
Fri Mar 23, 2012, 08:26 PM
(#11)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
It upsets me, actually. Saying you either can or can't multitable in a timely manner isn't necessarily a valid point to a profiting player, depending on where PS is choosing to draw the line. That's because players who profit don't care whether or not they time bank. If PS plans to restrict tables on anyone who time banks, then anyone who mass-multitables could be affected, and nobody who does is going to like it. I do not approve of this, because I time bank a lot.
1 - It only applies to cash games.
2- You don't play nearly enough tables for this to apply.
3- Do you constantly time bank on half your tables preflop? Do you use Table Ninja as a time bank botting program? If not, no worries.

Old
Sat Mar 24, 2012, 12:06 AM
(#12)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerguyAA View Post
1 - It only applies to cash games.
2- You don't play nearly enough tables for this to apply.
3- Do you constantly time bank on half your tables preflop? Do you use Table Ninja as a time bank botting program? If not, no worries.
^This.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 26, 2012, 12:34 PM
(#13)
Since: Sep 2011
Hey guys, I have received a reply regarding Reducing the maximum number of tables:

Quote:
Hi Christopher,

As of right now, we have only contacted people that we would lower to 20 tables, but you will always have a one month grace period to speed up your play after we contact you.

That number will go lower as time goes on, but for the mean time, we are moving slowly and re-examining each month as these warnings and table cap increases go out.

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Christopher

Old
Tue May 08, 2012, 01:10 AM
(#14)
Since: Apr 2012
ChromeStar
i dont understand wat u guys are goin on about? and how do you opt in...or out of this?

Old
Tue May 08, 2012, 04:57 AM
(#15)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by popyocolla View Post
i dont understand wat u guys are goin on about? and how do you opt in...or out of this?
Hi popyocolla,

My understanding is that it is not something that you opt in/out of.

Instead, a player who multi-tables and is slow to act may be contacted by PokerStars and limited to a lower number of maximum tables. If this should happen that player has one month to improve the speed of their play before the new limit comes into effect.

Hope this helps,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue May 08, 2012, 07:32 AM
(#16)
On a completely unrelated topic, I understand there are some players in the Open League who finish high every month by just letting their time bank run down completely on every hand.

Old
Thu May 10, 2012, 03:01 PM
(#17)
Pentire, You are right on both counts. It is completely off topic.

Some players do time bank every hand in the Open League, me being one of them.

At my age, multi-tabling is about 4 tables, so I am not concerned about PokerStars lowering my limit anytime soon!! The only time I time bank when multi-tabling is when I fall asleep or forget that I am playing poker.

Herk

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com