Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Playing AA makes me a nit!

Old
Playing AA makes me a nit! - Fri Mar 23, 2012, 12:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
No real idea where to post this. I'm practising my 6-max and get aces.

I've got about 45 hands at this table and been dealt lots of rubbish, so it is nice to get some real action for my aces.

during the following hand, unusually for me I am watching chat - and two players discuss the hand

PokerStars Hand #77678551098: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02 USD) - 2012/03/23 16:38:30 WET [2012/03/23 12:38:30 ET]
Table 'Athanasia II' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Kent_fc ($2.14 in chips)
Seat 2: shturmanbob ($1.65 in chips)
Seat 4: EdinFreeMan ($4.91 in chips)
Seat 5: Cashier_4mo ($2.90 in chips)
Seat 6: EmFresh ($2 in chips)
shturmanbob: posts small blind $0.01
EdinFreeMan: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to EdinFreeMan [9c 2s]
EmFresh said, "f nits"
Cashier_4mo: calls $0.02
EmFresh: raises $0.06 to $0.08
Kent_fc: folds
shturmanbob: folds
EdinFreeMan: folds
Cashier_4mo: calls $0.06
*** FLOP *** [Td Ks Ad]
Cashier_4mo: checks
EmFresh said, "only aa"EmFresh: checks
*** TURN *** [Td Ks Ad] [Qs]
Cashier_4mo: checks
EmFresh said, "pssys"
EmFresh: checks
*** RIVER *** [Td Ks Ad Qs] [6s]
Cashier_4mo said, "got 10 10"
Cashier_4mo: bets $0.08
EmFresh said, "me too"
EmFresh: folds
Uncalled bet ($0.08) returned to Cashier_4mo
Cashier_4mo collected $0.18 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $0.19 | Rake $0.01
Board [Td Ks Ad Qs 6s]
Seat 1: Kent_fc (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: shturmanbob (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: EdinFreeMan (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 5: Cashier_4mo collected ($0.18)
Seat 6: EmFresh folded on the River

They are obviously comparing their HUD stats for me. (Not sure that is allowed) I do tend to start tight at a table so I don't know if their stats were just for this session or if they had previous hands on me - I only had stats on them at this table since I got PT3 on trial.

However - if you get four bet by an apparent nit do you shove your stack with QQ? - Probably given the amount already in but can you then complain when they have KK/AA?

The table broke up and I joined another one - where for my 4th and 5th hands at the new table I had these two hands in a row.

I guess they didn't believe I was such a nit when I joined the new table.

My overall VPIP over close to 10k hands is now about 17% - I am trying to loosen up a bit at 6-max and get it up to around 20% - still well below Felix's 25% from his graph when he did the grinding up through the micros series for the German community at intellipoker.

Good luck all

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Fri Mar 23, 2012, 08:34 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
17% VPIP isn't being nitty lol. Funny they proclaim your a nit after shoving into you with QQ. Dumb thing to do against a perceived nit and even dumber thing to say directly afterwards. It's dumb^2 haha.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com