Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

Hold em manager 2

Old
Hold em manager 2 - Fri Mar 23, 2012, 04:45 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
So i'm trying out the trial of Hold Em Manager, it works fine and i am trying to get the hang of it.

Just have a query for any one who is a regular user..

Im using the default 2.0 HUD, what i am wondering, and i need help, probably sounds like a noob question, but the numbers and digits appearing after my name mean exactly what?

Briany84 /19
6/6/2.0/0.0

Now if i change the setting to 'Harrington Basic'

Briany84 /(20)/36
VP5/PF5/AF2.0

These numbers were taken from the start of a tourney, well about 25mins in.

There are a few different HUDs u can use, the default setting and the so named Harrington Basic HUDs seem fine for me, a begginer with the software..

So whos guna enlighten me and tell me exactly what them numbers mean, i do have a fare idea, the basic setting VP= VPip, AF=Aggression factor, PF=??

And the default settings, im not sure what the diff numbers mean, can any1 help??

Old
Fri Mar 23, 2012, 07:00 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
You can check (and change) what the numbers are if you go to HUD Options. For example, the default HUD is:

Name / Total hands
VPIP / PFR / Aggression Factor / Total 3bet

(PF or PFR is PreFlop Raise)
You can make your own setup of stats in the HUD Options menu, and also check what the numbers mean on the different presets.

Old
Fri Mar 23, 2012, 07:26 PM
(#3)
Hi Feskprins ty 4 the reply,

The number after ur total hands played in red or green then indicates wins or losses, am i correct?

The numbers then shown for vpip, pfr and aggression factor are numbers shown as a total percentage, yes?

There is loads to be going over, pictures of bue fish and green fish, lol, where can i find out all the different meanings for the little icons?

Ty v much my friend 4ur help...

Old
Fri Mar 23, 2012, 10:06 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briany84 View Post
The numbers then shown for vpip, pfr and aggression factor are numbers shown as a total percentage, yes?
Yes, everything is shown as percentages, except for aggression factor. AF indicates how aggressive or passive someone is as a ratio ((bets+raises)/calls), so an AF of 1.0 means that the player bets and raises just as much as he calls. You'll get a feel for the AF numbers with time. Someone with an AF of 0.65 is very passive and rarely bets, and someone with an AF of 5 or 6 is veyr aggressive and prefers betting over calling.

Quote:
There is loads to be going over, pictures of bue fish and green fish, lol, where can i find out all the different meanings for the little icons?
Don't worry so much about them, it's just an autorate function to generalize or profile certain opponent types. For example, a dice means loose-aggressive, a rock is.... a rock, very tight and nitty, and a fish is always a fish!

Quote:
The number after ur total hands played in red or green then indicates wins or losses, am i correct?
I'm not quite following you here. There's no number after the total hands stat, at least not on the default HUD (which I don't use btw). The colors are just there to make it easier and faster to see the values (you can change these at HUD Options > Stat Appearance). For example, the VPIP stat is red when it's lower than 15, orange between 15 and 30, and green at 30 or higher.

Let me know if I missed anything!

Old
Sat Mar 24, 2012, 06:02 AM
(#5)
TY TY TY Feskprins for all of your v helpful answers, it is appeciated alot my friend..

The number i mentioned after your total hands is shown only when u use Harrington Basic HUD it appears to me that it is some kind of total wins, losses, i am not quite sure, i guess i will figure it all out after time.

As it stands after only using HM2 for 1 day and after only 5 Multi Table SnGs, i am pretty happy with how it works;

$2.50 90 man 25/90
$2.50 90 man 2/90
$2.50 90 man 37/90
$4.50 180 man 126/180
$4.50 180 man 13/180

So day 1 investment was $7.50 + $9.00

Day 1 Winnings $46.81

Day 1 Profit using HM2 = $30.31

So its a good start for the Trial of HM2 in my house, lol.. Im guna keep using it and see how it fares out....

Thanx again for your help Feskprins

Old
Thu Apr 19, 2012, 08:26 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Are the following specs enough to run HM2, Table Ninja & PokerStars without any lag?

4GB Ram
512 Graphic Card
Hard Drive 7200 RPM
Dual Core Processor

All thoughts appreciated!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Apr 19, 2012, 12:17 PM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Are the following specs enough to run HM2, Table Ninja & PokerStars without any lag?

4GB Ram
512 Graphic Card
Hard Drive 7200 RPM
Dual Core Processor

Raiser
Why don't you try it out?

I don't get any lag with a dual core, 3GB and built in graphics card on my laptop but I don't use Table Ninja. From what I remember everything ran fine when I was using up the free trial.

Edit, to add, I can 10 table no problems without lag using HEM2 and PS on my system.

The bottleneck comes with HEM2 loading hands onto your system. I've now over 200,000 hands stored and it takes a while to load them into the program. I know players that have over 2 million hands on their machines and was why I asked the question if a SSD would be worth a purchase. I'm sure there will be some day when it will.

I only use 3 stats in the limit STT's I play. VPiP, PFR and Agg Factor but can anyone help me add another? I'd like to know how often a player calls or raises a 3bet without having put any chips into the pot. Limit is basically min raising and the majority of my opponents are no foldem but I'd like to know the likelyhood of them calling my 3bet, hands I'd like to isolate I could 3bet more if I thought players behind me would fold.

Last edited by Ovalman; Thu Apr 19, 2012 at 12:18 PM.. Reason: aded edit.

Old
Thu Apr 19, 2012, 01:41 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post

4GB Ram
512 Graphic Card
Hard Drive 7200 RPM
Dual Core Processor

Raiser
Absolutely. My computer is much worse than that and I had no problems playing 24 tables.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com