Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Team Full Ring Update Thread

Old
Team Full Ring Update Thread - Sat Mar 24, 2012, 11:38 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hey all,

This is going to be the official PSO Team Full Ring Challenge thread . The following PSOers are members of Team Full Ring:

PanickyPoker
Grade b
BandShooter
Roland GTX
royalraiser85
19honu62

We will be using this thread as a platform to post individual and team results, discuss strategies or questions and support each other on the team grind!

I will check this thread daily and try to answer questions or give opinions to posted hands.

The official PSO FR vs Full Ring challenge will start on March 25th at 0:00 ET.

Good luck to all, let's go and show the 6-max gamb00laholics how to grind profits.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TheLangolier; Sun Apr 01, 2012 at 01:38 AM.. Reason: Removed sydhollow and ThomasOslo

Old
Sat Mar 24, 2012, 11:52 AM
(#2)
Hi dave et al,

I can see this thread being 20 pages long by the end of a week a thought for next time, we could each start our own thread or start a new thread for each day or a 2-3 block.

I struggle looking through long long threads to find one post.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 24, 2012, 12:39 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
Hi dave et al,

I can see this thread being 20 pages long by the end of a week a thought for next time, we could each start our own thread or start a new thread for each day or a 2-3 block.

I struggle looking through long long threads to find one post.

Grade b
Well you've started making the thread long already Grade b.....and now I've made it even longer.

Just wanted to wish the Full Ring team the best of luck.

I have every confidence you can secure second place with ease..

Good luck all

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Sat Mar 24, 2012, 12:41 PM
(#4)
(Head Trainer)
I think it won't be that bad, but I guess we'll have a better idea when it's done and can discuss possible changes for next time, sure.

My concern with individual threads are the problem keeping it all clear. We don't have a huge number of participants this time around but if we are running this with teams of 20 I for one am not excited about trying to follow and respond in 20 threads, and I'm pretty sure no one else is either. If these threads get so long it's out of control maybe threads for day blocks to keep them smaller would be an idea to visit. Ultimately I think it's best to have only 1 dedicated thread for this, but it's worth re-evaluating after we see how this one goes!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 24, 2012, 03:31 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2010
Full Ring Team or 7-Min Team?

Please remember you should leave any table that drops below seven players - otherwise you will have switched teams!

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Good Luck - Sun Mar 25, 2012, 09:30 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
Good luck 'Team Full Ring'

Old
Sun Mar 25, 2012, 10:16 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
SB - $80

Had a few minutes to fire up 4 tables and made a few pennies. Stacked off with JJ into 87s on a 67/5 spewtard when he caught his J on the river but also flopped a boat to stack a guy.

sessions 1

99 hands played - + $.43

Okay loaded up 4 more games and played for a little more than an hour to a few more pennies profit.

session 2

351 hands played - +$.31

CB - $80.74

Last edited by 19honu62; Sun Mar 25, 2012 at 03:13 PM..

Old
Sun Mar 25, 2012, 12:55 PM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2010
Just finished a quick session before my morning coffee. 8-tabled for ~45 minutes, played 226 hands, and made $2.66. Did some pretty straightforward TAG stuff, and I was quite a bit more comfortable than normal folding my playable K9- and JT-type hands and possibly missing spots. It was .01/.02, so I figured people would be dropping money everywhere and it would just come to me; I didn't have to go out of my way to find it. Luckily for me, I only really lost one sizable hand.

Good day to everyone else, and good luck today!

Old
Sun Mar 25, 2012, 04:01 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Update for 25/03/12

Time Played: 124 minutes
Hands Played: 635
Profit/Loss: - $0.85c

Played a session this morning and had fun studying the results in HM2.

I was 6-tabling and would describe my play as tight/passive. I need to work a lot more on my aggression factor.

I'm putting up two hands for review, one where I won a pot, and the other I lost. They are similar in the fact that I was check-calling against laggy players and looking back on it I would have be much better off betting out for value both times.

Example 1

My Stats 13/5/2.4/0.4
Villain 62/8/2.8/0.0

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Example 2
Same again, versus laggy type opponent. Definitely think my line of calling here was completely wrong. Looking back on it I think that betting out strong would be a much better line, or folding and moving on. Calling like I did was just the worst option now that I look back on it.

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 25, 2012, 06:12 PM
(#10)
(Head Trainer)
Great start Cowboy and Panicky! Good job RR reviewing your session hands and stats to identify things to improve on and leaks to plug. I will take a look at the hands you posted shortly.

Remember all to save these hand histories and send them along to me in a txt file. If you are using a stat tracker this is easy to pull them out but if not you need to make sure you're having the PS client save them to your hard drive! (It's the easiest way).

If you can take a few minutes to send them along as convenient, I will be able to give some running team updates, and will email you back with any immediate leaks or other such issues I see.

Dave

email to: Dave@mypokerschoolonline.com

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 25, 2012, 07:39 PM
(#11)
(Head Trainer)
Re: Royalraises hands

Hand 1 (set of 9's): I definitely prefer to open for a raise rather than limp-call first in the pot. If players are very aggressively 3 betting behind me I might adjust but don't expect that to be the case hardly ever at 2NL.

With 4 players on a K high board I would generally lead right away, checking to trap with the pfr being on your left isn't a bad option but with no reads we don't know he's going to bet for us. And anyone with a K will give action so it's probably better in the long run to just bet out.

The guy who does bet is the short stacked one so I think just calling looking to drag the bigger stacks deeper into it is fine, if you check/raise the shorty you'll lose an loose callers behind you. When you get another flop caller again I would lead the turn, try and get that guy trapped between you and the shorty (who usually has a king here) to grow the pot more.

Hand 2 (JTs): I again prefer to raise to iso the weak limper in position, if we thin the field we can win much easier post flop when neither of us hit, and the limper will sometimes fold immediately anyway. On the flop I think the call is fine, it's a wet board and our hand isn't that strong that we want to bloat the pot. Flatting keeps the pot small and allows us to just fold easily to a bad turn card and big action. When the turn bricks I might raise this guy's turn bet for value, as we can get value from worse hands and draws, and slightly better hands like KT for instance will almost never 3b us. If we do get 3b it's a pretty easy fold with top pair moderate kicker imo, virtually no one at 2nl who's not a maniac is bet/3b with worse on the turn here. As played the river call is perfect, we snap all busted bluffs but raising is not good because we'll fold out his busts and only get action from a range that is mostly beating us.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Day 1 - Sun Mar 25, 2012, 10:03 PM
(#12)
Day 1 my report

Hands (to date) =644
+/- = -$0.05

thougths well its was a weird day being the last day of Micro millions too.

lets just say i was up and down more times than the serian empire and leave it at that.

no seriously i have to spot playing cash like an STT.

replayer will not let me play zoom hands so..PokerStars Zoom Hand #77779989513: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02) - 2012/03/25 9:47:46 ET
Table 'bltable.1226215503.1226219600' 9-max
Seat 1: mlgcwb ($1.51 in chips)
Seat 2: Tarod7 ($2 in chips)
Seat 3: Insane1980 ($3.29 in chips)
Seat 4: bart95 xD ($0.96 in chips)
Seat 5: Snaake8802 ($4.41 in chips)
Seat 6: Grade b ($1.70 in chips)
Seat 7: adikida ($6.81 in chips)
Seat 8: BaZA261 ($1.61 in chips)
Seat 9: Pixailov ($4.01 in chips)
Tarod7: posts small blind $0.01
Insane1980: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Grade b [As Ks]
bart95 xD: folds
Snaake8802: folds
Grade b: raises $0.04 to $0.06
adikida: calls $0.06
BaZA261: folds
Pixailov: raises $0.13 to $0.19
mlgcwb: folds
Tarod7: folds
Insane1980: folds
Grade b: calls $0.13
adikida: calls $0.13
*** FLOP *** [8s Qc Jd]
Grade b: checks
adikida: bets $0.12
Pixailov: calls $0.12
Grade b: calls $0.12
*** TURN *** [8s Qc Jd] [Qs]
Grade b: checks
adikida: bets $0.22
Pixailov: folds
Grade b: calls $0.22
*** RIVER *** [8s Qc Jd Qs] [Tc]
Grade b: bets $0.67
adikida: calls $0.67
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Grade b: shows [As Ks] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
adikida: mucks hand
Grade b collected $2.64 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $2.74 | Rake $0.10
Board [8s Qc Jd Qs Tc]
Seat 1: mlgcwb folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: Tarod7 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: Insane1980 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: bart95 xD folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Snaake8802 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: Grade b showed [As Ks] and won ($2.64) with a straight, Ten to Ace
Seat 7: adikida mucked [4h 4c]
Seat 8: BaZA261 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: Pixailov folded on the Turn

nice river there...phew

then we have this where i prob should not have called pre got it in good on flop and......

so an ok day...may play a few more hands befor bed but will report those ones later

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 25, 2012, 10:33 PM
(#13)
(Head Trainer)
Definitely just a fold preflop with the KQ vs. a EP open. Also on the turn you have less than a pot sized bet and he rates to have a hand based on the raise/call flop line, so just jam the turn. I expect he's stacking off AA and AK all the time, and he may call with a draw or fold, either way it's fine for us with top 2.

I have Hand History updates from cowboy and Grade b, keep em coming guys.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TheLangolier; Sun Mar 25, 2012 at 11:03 PM..

Old
Mon Mar 26, 2012, 12:03 AM
(#14)
Since: Jun 2011
Well, after 24 hours, I'm up 4 cents. Playing now, will post the Details and a few hands later.

Old
Mon Mar 26, 2012, 12:17 AM
(#15)
(Head Trainer)
I have the hand updates from cowboy, Grade b, and Panicky, will post a team compiled update tomorrow night after others have had a chance to email me their hands. Keep up the good work Team!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 26, 2012, 12:20 AM
(#16)
(Head Trainer)
Tip for Team Full Ring- Remember the 3 golden rules of micro stakes full ring NLHE:

1) Don't bluff
2) Don't pay off
3) Value bet, value bet, value bet

When in doubt, or readless, or just in general, start by sticking to these 3 maxims mostly. More tomorrow.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 26, 2012, 01:10 AM
(#17)
Hey Dave,

So are we just emailing you the raw hand histories from PS?? Or do I need to weed out all the tourney hands from Sunday as well?

***Never Mind, Just read the post about being able to send from tracker client.

Last edited by BandShooter; Mon Mar 26, 2012 at 01:18 AM..

Old
Mon Mar 26, 2012, 01:30 AM
(#18)
Ok, 860 hands played (mostly 6 tabling) and I'm up $2.17.

Will post some hands for review tomorrow. For now, the great slumber calls my name (ok, not the GREAT slumber, but the regular, every day kind! ;D)

L8r,

Old
Mon Mar 26, 2012, 01:51 AM
(#19)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandShooter View Post
For now, the great slumber calls my name
We expect results from the grave.

No slacking just because you're dead.

Old
Mon Mar 26, 2012, 05:34 AM
(#20)
Since: Jan 2012
I ran into technical difficulties yesterday and won't be starting the challenge until tonight. Sorry Team Full Ring!

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com