Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10c/25c Blinds...

Old
10c/25c Blinds... - Sun Mar 25, 2012, 05:19 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
I know this is a hand that went extremely well but would you have played it like this?

Reads.. I only have reads against Jack Bas which he calls everything and with a good 1pair he calls anything. Saw him 3betting v small many times when he had a big premium...

After the flop I thought of fast playing it since it was a small set and the board was getting ugly and most of all I thought he had AA or KK.

Is it good to go all in to play it against 1opponent, most probably the big stack ?

Thanks again!
Etienne

Last edited by etipac; Sun Mar 25, 2012 at 05:55 PM.. Reason: Mis info!!

Old
Sun Mar 25, 2012, 06:15 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by etipac View Post
I know this is a hand that went extremely well but would you have played it like this?

Reads.. I only have reads against Jack Bas which he calls everything and with a good 1pair he calls anything. Saw him 3betting v small many times when he had a big premium...

After the flop I thought of fast playing it since it was a small set and the board was getting ugly and most of all I thought he had AA or KK.

Is it good to go all in to play it against 1opponent, most probably the big stack ?

Thanks again!
Etienne
Hi Etienne!

Nice hand!

This is a deep money spot and the effective stack still lays you pretty fat implied odds to call the min 3bet to continue your set mine when the UTG raiser just flats it.

The SPR on the flop is just over 6 vs the effective stack, so when you do have your set I think you are pretty much on the cusp of whether you can slow play, or raise immediately. Given your read info on Jack as, I do think I'd favor an immediate raise though, but not the raise size you made...

Your raise here looks SUPER STRONG if Jack Bas is aware (luckily he isn't! ). It also does not set you up well to get a stack off without Jack Bas making a HUGE mistake in over valuing his hand.

In my opinion, a more standard raise size, say around $4.50 to go adds more value for you if/when that gets called, and Jack Bas again over values his hand and leads the turn. Of course the larger raise MAY cause you to lose the UTG player, but as it played out (UTG called your strong seeming raise, then called Jack Bas' 8.50 turn lead too) I kind of doubt that larger amount loses you any action here. If you 'feared" losing UTG with your raise sizing, I'd think it would be better to slow play and not raise at all on this pretty dry flop, as the raise you did make SHOULD seem a lot stronger than a raise to 4.50 to go in position.

Given the size of the pot, and the info you you have on Jack Bas, I really like your turn shove. Sure, you MIGHT get called by a straight, or a better set, but those hands make up a pretty small part of Jack Bas' range given the info you provided. Not getting your chips in here when he MAY call can easily see you lose the chance to do so on the river, or see a card which causes you to lose the hand altogether.

so well played!

Hope it helps.

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JDean; Sun Mar 25, 2012 at 06:29 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com