Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

micro tournament grind

Old
micro tournament grind - Wed Mar 28, 2012, 06:27 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Hello -

I am writing this new blog in the hope it will improve my game. I am a tournament No Limit Texas Hold'em player and am attempting to grind my way from $35 to $100.

I am on around $75 at the moment, I have had a win in a 90 man SNG and also a runner up position. I have cashed in a few others too in the top ten. These are all micro stakes right now so it is taking a long time but i'm determined to get there.

Today i'm going to play the $2k Guaranteed micro stakes tournament.

I have noticed that when I play 25-man SNG's even as chip leader I can have as little as 30 BBs. These types of short handed tournaments don't seem to suit my game as when I review my hands most seem to be in shove/fold mode in the latter stages as the stacks never get deep.

I have had much better results in 90-man SNG and MTT's.

I will be posting my thoughts about my game and my results. I like constructive criticism so feel free to pull apart my game.

Old
Wed Mar 28, 2012, 01:34 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Hi momfight!

Well done with the BR building so far. It's always awesome to win money playing a game.

If you need any resources to help you improve, there are lots to be found at PSO. Here are links to our Hand Analysis forum, our Live Training calendar (check out ahar010's and ChewMe1's trainings for MTTSNG play), and our guide to the forums.

I'll be reading this blog to see how things go. Good luck with the bankroll goal!

Old
Thu Apr 05, 2012, 09:27 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hi momfight ... yeah congrats on the building of the roll!

I'm trying to do that at the micro-stakes too, so it's always cool to read about others doing the same.

Interesting stuff about the 25 versus 90 player games. I tried branching out from STT's to those 2 and 3 table ones, because the prizes were bigger, but they didn't go so great ... kind of interesting how each game has it's own little quirks and stuff.

GL with the grind!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com