Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

What is the time frame from tournament ending and the ranking being updated

Old
Default
What is the time frame from tournament ending and the ranking being updated - Sat Mar 31, 2012, 05:25 PM
(#1)
Mohasaba's Avatar
Since: Dec 2011
Posts: 17
I played a 9pm (21:00) game on March 30, place well (under 235) and have been waiting to see what my new ranking will be. I need this game to get under a ranking of 500. I want to see if I need to try and play another game today - would have to be the 9pm (21:00) game now. I don't want to play if my rank is high enough, but would like to play if I need to so I can get under the 500 place. Does anyone know how long it takes for the ranks to be updated - it is after 5pm now, so it's been about 16 hrs since the game ended.
 
Old
Default
Sat Mar 31, 2012, 05:30 PM
(#2)
Ovalman's Avatar
Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,778
For the very same reason your waiting, I think the leaderboards aren't updated until the next game begins.

I'm sure this is to stop sitters out like what you are doing.

I'm also sweating but still playing.
 
Old
Default
Sat Mar 31, 2012, 05:31 PM
(#3)
Ovalman's Avatar
Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,778
misread your post but it's usually after the next game begins.
 
Old
Default
Sat Mar 31, 2012, 05:34 PM
(#4)
Mohasaba's Avatar
Since: Dec 2011
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
misread your post but it's usually after the next game begins.
So it has been three games past the one I am waiting for the rank update. Does anyone know who to talk with if for some reason my game play was missed some how? Should I be worried that it has been 16 hours since I played the game and still my rank has not been updated?
 
Old
Default
Sat Mar 31, 2012, 05:49 PM
(#5)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,862
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
***moved to support since this thread has multiple posts JWK24***

Hi mohasaba!

All of the games that are played will count. Sometimes it takes a bit longer for them to show on the leaderboard, but any games that are played and finished will count. I'll notify the support staff about it.

Also, please do not post and repost the same post over and over. The duplicates will be deleted.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)


Super-Moderator



6 Time Bracelet Winner



Last edited by JWK24; Sat Mar 31, 2012 at 05:52 PM..
 
Old
Default
Sat Mar 31, 2012, 05:55 PM
(#6)
EdinFreeMan's Avatar
Since: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,540
They often have delays on updates - it is particularly annoying at the end of the month.

They usually update within 2 hrs of a tourney finishing. In my experience, you do not need to worry that they will have missed your score, as when they eventually update they seem to include all the games played.

The real problem is if you are deciding whether you need to play one or two more or can just sit out. I was around 456th in the Prem League at the last update and do not intend to play again. If I was down at 480-520 I would want to see the update before I made the decision to play or not, and similarly if I was in the 750-800 zone or somewhere in the top 80.

As it is now heading into a weekend, I am afraid they have a very poor record of sorting out updates when they encounter this problem - I would contact support and try to get them to sort it.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
 
Old
Default
Sat Mar 31, 2012, 06:13 PM
(#7)
Mohasaba's Avatar
Since: Dec 2011
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
***moved to support since this thread has multiple posts JWK24***

Hi mohasaba!

All of the games that are played will count. Sometimes it takes a bit longer for them to show on the leaderboard, but any games that are played and finished will count. I'll notify the support staff about it.

Also, please do not post and repost the same post over and over. The duplicates will be deleted.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)
I posted it first in one area and then thought I posted it in the wrong section, so I reposted it in the "correct" section. The next post I did was about how to contact people, and explained why I was wanting to contact someone. So yes some of the info was the same but I was looking for different information. I assumed it was a different topic, if not sorry to have made extra work for people deleating posts.
 
Old
Default
Sat Mar 31, 2012, 06:14 PM
(#8)
Mohasaba's Avatar
Since: Dec 2011
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
They often have delays on updates - it is particularly annoying at the end of the month.

They usually update within 2 hrs of a tourney finishing. In my experience, you do not need to worry that they will have missed your score, as when they eventually update they seem to include all the games played.

The real problem is if you are deciding whether you need to play one or two more or can just sit out. I was around 456th in the Prem League at the last update and do not intend to play again. If I was down at 480-520 I would want to see the update before I made the decision to play or not, and similarly if I was in the 750-800 zone or somewhere in the top 80.

As it is now heading into a weekend, I am afraid they have a very poor record of sorting out updates when they encounter this problem - I would contact support and try to get them to sort it.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
exactly why I have been looking for the ranking, do I play or not
 
Old
Default
Sat Mar 31, 2012, 06:29 PM
(#9)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,862
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohasaba View Post
I posted it first in one area and then thought I posted it in the wrong section, so I reposted it in the "correct" section. The next post I did was about how to contact people, and explained why I was wanting to contact someone. So yes some of the info was the same but I was looking for different information. I assumed it was a different topic, if not sorry to have made extra work for people deleating posts.
Hi Mohasaba!

This was the thread with replies, so I moved it and replied. The first one you put in the support center was the right place, but since this thread already had replies, kept it, instead of the one with no replies. If there's ever a problem with something like this, all you have to do is to put a post into the PSO support area and one of us will look into it.

Good luck in the leagues.

John (JWK24)


Super-Moderator



6 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
hmmm - Sun Apr 01, 2012, 04:18 AM
(#10)
IMI777's Avatar
Since: Mar 2012
Posts: 12
I have a bad feeling that yesterday's 9:00 P.M. ( 21:00 hrs) game did not "complete" and is therefore not gonna be counted along with yesterday's 1:00 a.m. game

So basically were screwed I hadn't even considered the 9 game would've been affected but seeing as 2day's games have been updated and it hasn't I think this maybe the case.
 
Old
Default
Sun Apr 01, 2012, 09:58 AM
(#11)
dopplerboyf5's Avatar
Since: Oct 2011
Posts: 149
BronzeStar
What I did

Played the 1pm est. and then when finished I looked at my previous tourneys and got an educated guess as to how many points I would get. Added it to my points then checked out the leader board to see where the new total would be. It worked out and in fact did alot better in the final ranking for the month.
 
Old
Default
Sun Apr 01, 2012, 09:59 AM
(#12)
Mohasaba's Avatar
Since: Dec 2011
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMI777 View Post
I have a bad feeling that yesterday's 9:00 P.M. ( 21:00 hrs) game did not "complete" and is therefore not gonna be counted along with yesterday's 1:00 a.m. game

So basically were screwed I hadn't even considered the 9 game would've been affected but seeing as 2day's games have been updated and it hasn't I think this maybe the case.
So I don't get to get past the 500 rank due to a glitch! If I had known I would have played other games!
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com