Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Skil League and Yesterday's Technical issues

Old
Skil League and Yesterday's Technical issues - Sat Mar 31, 2012, 06:37 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
hmm So as everyone most likely knows by know Pokerstars had some issues Last night/This morning and was down. The outage occurred right around the bubble of the 1am Open SKill League tournament with around 1500 Players remaining which meant it didn't complete. Usually this wouldn't be a big deal but due to the timing of the occurrence the last Tournament in that time range of the month I was wondering if some form of compensation could be considered? Since I'm sure the points which would have been awarded could have made a major difference to those involved?
I think Perhaps giving all those 1500 players some points in the league or dropping there worst score from the totals for the month would be fair? (Just a suggestion put forth for consideration of fairness Please don't shoot the messenger)

Old
Sat Mar 31, 2012, 06:45 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi IMI777!

Unfortunately, sometimes technical issues arise that are out of our control.
Dropping the worst score is something that has been brought up in the past, but that is something that would allow players to just try to get lucky without any penalties for doing so and getting knocked out and hasn't been done in the past due to it.
I'll bring this situation up at our next team meeting.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JWK24; Sat Mar 31, 2012 at 07:23 PM..

Old
Lightbulb
Sat Mar 31, 2012, 10:24 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
I realize that things often happen that our out of our control.

However, I was simply suggesting that in this specific situation as the Open skill league was down to the top 1500 or so players with 1440 being in the money on the last night of the month that these unfortunate circumstances may have a much larger impact on those involved as some of these players may be only a few points away from the next prize range.

So I was suggesting that perhaps due to these extenuating circumstances only players directly affected could have there worst scores dropped(maybe of just the last week if not all together) or perhaps earn some points. I understand the abuse potential of having this added as a general rule but in this single situation there is none as players would not have been able to foresee it's occurrence and would therefore be unable to take advantage of the situation. Having an entire months worth of hard work washed away due to a technical error out of anyone's control hardly seems fair?

Thank you for your quick response and am glad to hear you will bring up the issue at your next meeting I just wanted to clarify that my suggestion was for this specific incident only and not as a general issue.

Thank You for your consideration

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com