Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

2NL - 20k hands challenge

Old
2NL - 20k hands challenge - Sun Apr 01, 2012, 01:29 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Hi folks!

My challenge to build $10 to $100 through tournaments didn't go as planned. I was up to $95 and I suddenly started running horribly bad, especially when it came to dominating hands for some reason. My EV graph shows that I should be up to around $200 at this point, instead, I'm down to an embarassing bankroll of 55 bucks. Impressive, huh?

So, I'm giving myself 20.000 hands to get out of 2NL to take shots at 5NL. 20k hands should be more than enough to double my bankroll, but it's nice to have a little more room because I have been running extremely bad for two months now and I didn't even know that it was possible, to be honest.

Thing is, I have way too much fancy play in my style of playing, and it's not going to work here. I'm better at cash games than tournaments, but I prefer to stick to 6-max. I decided to make this a full ring challenge though because of the lower variance and the larger number of fish.

Making this thread, I'm at $56.60 after 750 hands after running into aces with kings three out of four times, and I only got the blinds in the fourth one.

(sorry for the vast amount of text for just a simple challenge, Belzebub took control of my hands from the depths of hell)

---------------------------------
The challenge: Build a bankroll from ~$55 to about $100-$120 in 20.000 hands.

Goal: Improve my micro stakes full ring cash play and eventually move up in stakes; learn to not throw in too much fancy play at this level.

Prize: A hug, an apple, and insight on wasted time for pocket change.
---------------------------------

Total hands: 4000
Current bankroll: $60.09

Last edited by Feskprins; Thu Apr 05, 2012 at 11:35 AM..

Old
Tue Apr 03, 2012, 09:55 PM
(#2)
Quick update if anyone's interested. I'm up to $63.12 after 2000 hands. I have been dealt KK 19 times, and ran into aces no less than five times! So I've lost quite a lot on those hands and haven't really won any big pots with the other kings. Nonetheless, if I keep going at this rate, I'll be able to make it!

Old
Wed Apr 04, 2012, 12:38 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Good luck!
Im also doing a 2NL challenge playing 6 max

Old
Thu Apr 05, 2012, 11:28 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsthepro777 View Post
Good luck!
Im also doing a 2NL challenge playing 6 max
I really, really, really hope you run better than I do. I have a profit of three bucks after 4000 hands after endless coolers and suckouts. It has been absolutely insane.

Old
Thu Apr 05, 2012, 02:01 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
aa thats not too bad, ive played about 17000 hands and am up around $30, doubled my roll :P you can see my blog here

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com