Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Dropping buy ins for fun!

Old
Dropping buy ins for fun! - Mon Apr 02, 2012, 11:37 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Today has literally been the worst day for me ever, my brain just decided to forgot that i need 5 cards for a straight so i go ahead and get it in when this guy triple barrels me only for him to roll over a set and take the pot. I was like WTF thinking stars had spazzed out i had to check in the replayer before i even realised!

This then sends me slightly tilty and i think i'm getting bluffed so get it all in with king high! Yes not even a pair! Obviously i lose the guy had a set and i look like a complete dick. I decide to leave the table cause i'm doing so bad and think the sensible move is to go play zoom and just play a solid value range. I finallyy pick up aces and run into flopped quads, I just completely spaz don't even think that there is a paired board and get it all in on the turn (even though he called a 3-bet preflop and a pot bet on the flop)

Long and the short of it, If you want some money come play me at poker today cause i have literally NEVER played this bad ever!

Old
Mon Apr 02, 2012, 12:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
So 20 minutes after writing that ^^ i've calmed down a bit and feel a bit of a dick for ranting on unnecessarily but i'm not sure how to delete it. Just pretty pissed off that i was playing so bad, and needed to vent somewhere (which didn't involve kicking my cat).

Still annoyed at myself for playing like i did literally the worst i've played since moving back to stars, I think i'd rather have a load of bad beats laid on me cause at least i know i'm playing okay and getting my money in good, instead of misreading the board. So yeah sorry for the unnecessary rant.

Good luck at the tables guys

This probably qualifies as another rant so i think i shall just leave this post for now.

Old
Wed Apr 04, 2012, 02:46 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
i've gotten it in bad so many times b/c i had misread my hand, especially in omaha hi/lo. it really is the worst possible feeling in poker. u'll get over it, trust me.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com