Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Problem with the PS Client??

Old
Problem with the PS Client?? - Wed Apr 04, 2012, 07:34 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
Is any one else having issues with getting onto the Pokerstars Client?

Old
Wed Apr 04, 2012, 07:44 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2011
yup

Old
Wed Apr 04, 2012, 07:45 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
I wish! It might save me a few bad beats LOL

Old
Wed Apr 04, 2012, 07:48 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2011
I just got PS up but I can't log in

Old
Wed Apr 04, 2012, 07:48 AM
(#5)
I can't get in, duno whats going on, never normally like this, i emailed support but no news yet.. Dam league game in 11mins, i wana play, not looking good...

Old
Wed Apr 04, 2012, 07:50 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briany84 View Post
Is any one else having issues with getting onto the Pokerstars Client?
According to PokerStars Twitter stream the monthly server restart is taking place about now..... this usually takes up to an hour...... some games may be paused and resumed once the restart is complete.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 04, 2012, 07:53 AM
(#7)
TY TY Raiser, its all good, i just made it in, 5mins to spare, happy days...

Old
re post - Fri Apr 06, 2012, 07:58 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2011
i have no trouble getting in but i get disconnected every couple of minutes and have been all week,which is costly when your bubbling 3-4 turbo stt games not to mention just plain frustrating and off putting.

>i am an australian player and for the last 3-4 days the connection has been very poor quality,all other internet seems to be fine its only the pokerstars connection is this a technical problem?if so how long is it expected to last? ty for your time

Response

Thank you for contacting PokerStars Support.

We are sorry to hear you experienced difficulties with the software, Nathan.

We did have some issues a few days ago but it was fixed and we have not received any disconnection report aside from yours. Nevertheless, PokerStars will always try to help you and we have included important information in an effort to assist.

If your connection is only poor for PokerStars or has been a long-term reoccurring connection issue, it is possible it is revealing a connection stability issue that will not manifest itself on most other Internet sites and applications. We are willing to assist you in trying to isolate and resolve this issue and will require some information about your system and connection. First you may wish to learn more about disconnections and the common causes found on our Frequently Asked Questions web page.

so either out of 200 thousand users im either real unlucky to be the only one with connection issues or im the only one whos reported it hmmmm........ not likely. It has nothing to do with my computer as it has managed to run the pokerstars client for over 2 years,so my system is more than capable and has no performance issues other than this

Old
Sun May 13, 2012, 04:20 PM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2012
I'm having the same issues now as well...
In the middle of sunday storm and the premier league and it just hanged...

Got blinded out eventually... Sick

Tried restarting, uninstall and re-install, emailed support, nothing worked.

Let me know how yours panned out...??

Old
Sun May 13, 2012, 06:14 PM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
For the last two weeks the client has been freezing for 10 minutes after logging in. I'll get around to reporting it at some point, but at the moment that's just about enough time for me to make a cuppa and roll a ciggy

Old
Sun May 13, 2012, 07:57 PM
(#11)
Since: Nov 2011
Tell you what, you like Windows, fine, but get yourselves a Linux distro (it's free).
You can still use Windows with it. It's not mutually exclusive. I have the Windows. Use it like twice a month. I have no problems with PS ever with Ubuntu. Honestly.

I have no probs with PS in Windows either, but that's just because I never use it ;)

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com