Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Schnech's journey from 2NL to 100NL 6max cash

Old
Schnech's journey from 2NL to 100NL 6max cash - Thu Apr 05, 2012, 06:23 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Hi guys,

Shortly I will start a blog here at PSO (as soon as my first post will be approved by the mods).

I will talk about my way from 2NL up to 100NL in 6max cash games. I was inspired by xflixx here and I really want to share my experience with you guys. Also I really want to get into discussions, strategies and talk about how to adapt to moving up in limits.

Right now I got up to 16NL and will take shots at 20NL in the near future.

I don't use a HUD at the moment, but planning on doing so asap.

In this thread I will post my new posts, interesting hand (that aren't enough for a new blog post) and discuss strategies with you guys. I also really want to give advice to ppl just starting with 2NL or 5NL 6max games, so don't hesitate to ask questions.

I hope that this is of any interest or help for some of you guys!

Greetings
Schnech

Old
Thu Apr 05, 2012, 06:27 AM
(#2)
Well, sometimes things move faster as you think.

The blog is online now: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/?idblog=17084

Old
Thu Apr 05, 2012, 08:07 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnech View Post
Well, sometimes things move faster as you think.

The blog is online now: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/?idblog=17084

Nice job on the blog and very impressive looking graph!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Apr 05, 2012, 08:15 AM
(#4)
Thanks raiser!

Yeah the graph is superb at the moment, but I know that it will flat again somehow. But I am mentally prepared for marginal sessions.

Greets,
Schnech

Last edited by Schnech; Thu Apr 05, 2012 at 08:15 AM.. Reason: name

Old
Thu Apr 05, 2012, 11:22 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Nice job Schnech, keep it up

Just a suggestion, get yourself HM2 or PT3
The numbers and graphs on that site are way off
I've been tracking their numbers with my PT3 numbers since Jan 1st, 2012

April
Site 4,404 hands and -$16.07, PT3 5,810 hands and $249.16
Year
Site 61,023 hands and -$957.64, PT3 74,051 and $731.69
Since day 1
Site 167,155 hands played and -$5,337, PT3 190,363 and -$3131.44

They seem to forget 20% of the hands played
Good luck

Old
Thu Apr 05, 2012, 09:50 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Wow, congrats Schnech!!

Very inspiring for those of us still donking around at 2nl

Look forward to reading more about your grind

PS And your english is amazing! Had no idea you were German

Old
Fri Apr 06, 2012, 06:22 AM
(#7)
@Sandtrap: Yeah definitely have to do that. Any preference? And can I use one key for both Windows and Mac?

@TrustySam: Thanks man! Well I donked around 2NL for over 150k hands, so don't even start worrying about that. 2NL seems easy, but there are many stepstones. Do you have any specific problem you want me to talk about in a blog post? I will try to cover that.

Old
Fri Apr 06, 2012, 09:57 AM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
@Sandtrap: Yeah definitely have to do that. Any preference? And can I use one key for both Windows and Mac?
You can use only one computer for your data, just transpose the HH from one computer to the other. As for which one???????
I use PT3 and I'm very happy, check out the forum, there was a thread on the subject of which one is better (they are both good)

Old
Fri Apr 06, 2012, 11:03 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
@TrustySam: Thanks man! Well I donked around 2NL for over 150k hands, so don't even start worrying about that. 2NL seems easy, but there are many stepstones. Do you have any specific problem you want me to talk about in a blog post? I will try to cover that.
Hey, thanks!

I've only played about 2000 hands so far (LOL!) so I'm still getting my feet wet, but so far blinds stealing and blind defense is kind of an interesting area. You have any interesting tricks?

Old
Tue Apr 10, 2012, 04:49 AM
(#10)
@Sandtrap: Downloaded the PT3 trial yesterday. Have to get used to the HUD. If I tile my 6 tables the HUD is huge on the tables Well, have to design it a bit tonight.

@Trusty: I will try to cover it in the future blog post.

Old
Tue Apr 10, 2012, 08:19 AM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
Great post, think I've faced you at the tables but only over a few hands! Look forward to reading more and awesome job on your success so far!

Old
Tue Apr 10, 2012, 10:17 AM
(#12)
I think I have seen you yesterday AceKindBlows. Maybe also lost a big one vs. you, but I hope not. Yesterday was an up&down day at 16 NL.

Old
Tue Apr 10, 2012, 12:53 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
It wasn't that big, I pulled kind of a monkey-ish bluff (@10NL a few days ago) /w A-10 and showed it (like a dumbass). Still, seems like I could learn a thing or two from your example you're really crushing!

(Do you remember the hand? Was very curious as to what you were holding - I actually played the hand really weirdly a.k.a badly :p was trying to rep a monster but ultimately I think I just got lucky and you were holding AK high, maybe I'm wrong though.)

Last edited by AceKingBlows; Tue Apr 10, 2012 at 01:06 PM..

Old
Tue Apr 10, 2012, 05:56 PM
(#14)
Do you maybe have it somewhere in your pt3 or hm? Would be really interested in that.

If you bluffed me there - nice hand sir!

Old
Tue Apr 10, 2012, 06:37 PM
(#15)
Hey guys,

just finished my session for today. Played about 1.5k hands and I am up about 2.5 buyins for 16NL. Pretty happy with my game. Many standard spots, but some interesting ones aswell.

What I will also do in the next days, is to prepare some postings for my blog her on PSO. Just to give a slight overview, what I will cover, here is my plan:

Basics #1 - Bankroll Management
Basics #2 - Table Selection
Basics #3 - Position
Basics #4 - Opening Pots
Basics #5 - Blind stealing
Basics #6 - Mediocre hands - When to bet, when to fold

These are just 6 topics I want to cover to begin with. I will continue the whole way with more on the "Basics" series, because I think they are crucial for beating the micros - also on 2NL. I know most of you guys know that stuff, I also did for about 100k hands, but I also did have to reread this and also watch many videos, to really understand what this means.

I can assure all of you, that I won't cover that many stats and data in my blogposts - like "if they have a vp$ip of XYZ, you have to do that" - because I didn't use a hud for myself for a long time. I think it is more important to generally understand these things and also - the MOST important thing - to focus on the players at the table. A hud can help you, but what's more reliable is your own read and concentration. Trust me!

So, since everyone always post their bad beats - I also have one for you. But I sucked out on this one. But actually, I don't even think I played this hand totally wrong - maybe a bit lose. But if I haven't hit that river, those cards were in the muck pretty pretty fast.

Good night!
Schnech

Old
Wed Apr 11, 2012, 05:46 PM
(#16)
Just to let you know, I always don't run that good, here are two examples (just happened in 2 minutes)

But, as always: that's poker. Get used to it!

Good night guys!

Old
Fri Apr 13, 2012, 05:10 AM
(#17)
My first post is online: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=27710

I will not exclusively write blog posts like these. I will also update you on my progress frequently and discuss interesting hands with you.

Let me know your thoughts.

Greetings
Schnech

Old
Fri Apr 13, 2012, 11:14 AM
(#18)
BronzeStar

Found it. Don't really think my line here is that credible in hindsight (as I mentioned before :p) Just posting here since you expressed curiosity! I guess it was an ok float but i reckon you'd have probably looked me up with any decent pp.

Last edited by AceKingBlows; Fri Apr 13, 2012 at 11:16 AM..

Old
Fri Apr 13, 2012, 01:58 PM
(#19)
Since: Nov 2007
Hi Schnech,

I have been reading this thread and your Blog with a great deal of interest. I am especially curious as to how you seemed to be flat lining for such a long period (150K hands) and then seemed to suddenly start crushing it. Did you change your game in any way at this point or did you just play the same and things then started to fall your way? It would be good to know any specific thing that changed for you.

I think it is really a great gesture that you are putting something back into the PSO community from your experiences and I will be watching both you and the other guys who are taking 6max challenges with interest and anticipation.

If I was a little less permissive and self indulgent I would take up a challenge myself but it is likely I will remain the guy who starts playing when he gets home from the pub and loses 4 or 5 buy ins or just breaks even or slightly above.

Good luck,

TC

Old
Fri Apr 13, 2012, 04:58 PM
(#20)
@AceKingBlows: Well played sir! Yeah it was pretty poorly played by me there and even if I don't remember my excact hand, this looks like AK. So good read on that one!

@topthecat: Thanks buddy! I changed a lot during the whole process. I think I had a pretty decent game ofter some x0k hands, but I had to pick my spots better. I will also talk about this in the blog later, but what really helped was giving people credit when they raise me. I might got bluffed here and there - as you can see in the example above - but for the majority of the players in the micros this doesn't work. This is why you get up & down all the time. It's harder to earn the money than it is to lose it!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com