Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL full ring AKs

Old
2NL full ring AKs - Sat Apr 07, 2012, 09:33 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011

Not much info on the villain..had only 4 hands on him and he limped them all..One important thing that helped my decision was that wen the openraiser opened and i 3bet..the call from the villain looked like an instant auto-call trying to call the open raise and not the 3bet..hence i continued firing till the end...Is this play correct? Please comment...

the villain mucked Q10off..

Last edited by nee0903; Sat Apr 07, 2012 at 09:35 AM..

Old
Sat Apr 07, 2012, 09:44 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2011
wow really bad play by the villain. did you make a note?

i would have put him all in on the flop. i actually dont want him to call, because i dont know where i stand if he calls on that flop with his stacksize. so i want to win the pot right there

you could have made your 3B a little bigger because you will be out of position during the hand, but thats optional

gl at the tables

Last edited by ravenqueen76; Sat Apr 07, 2012 at 09:49 AM..

Old
Sun Apr 08, 2012, 11:06 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
hahahaha, i would just go allin on the flop, see his stacksize lol.

Old
Mon Apr 09, 2012, 04:54 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hi Nee0903.

I have to agree with Sjekkk, if you are going to c bet the flop at all versus that tiny stack, you may as well put him in. You hold the nut no pair hand, and unless he holds an 8, a 3, or a pocket pair, you are ahead.

If you have him on as wide as a 75% call range, your AKs has about 65% equity with AKs, and while he may not call with any un-paired hand, you really cannot bet ANY amount without committing yourself pretty hard for the rest of his stack.

Hope it helps.

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JDean; Mon Apr 09, 2012 at 04:59 AM..

Old
Mon Apr 09, 2012, 08:31 AM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2011
All in on the flop, even if he caught a pair you still have 2overs!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com