Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Finally final table

Old
Finally final table - Sun Apr 08, 2012, 03:06 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Took me 6 hours but I have made a final table.

3571 entries and we are down to the final 7 players.
I cant remember the last time i made final table I am happy bout it but not by much. Why?

Because it is the freeroll to the weekly round 2 of your choice.

Im even playing a game that i never play. nl2-7

Is this a sign of things to come?
Should I be changing my game of choice to 2-7?

Old
Sun Apr 08, 2012, 03:36 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
I've always wondered why people play to the final table in those.
Me, as soon as I get a ticket, I sit out and go play/do something else.

I mean, after 4-5 hours of grind, which is usually what it takes to get one, the last thing I want to do is to go on playing those... er... ladies and gentlemen - who have usually been insulting me profusely because I'm such an idiot, in their opinion, as to actually run the clock on the bubble (which is all that counts there being no money in the tourney).
By which process not only I end up getting my ticket, but usually also make them get one - which they would usually fast-donk to elimination if I weren't there :)

So I'm really happy to get out of there after the bubble, why would you keep playing?

(I got me three tickets this week actually, not bad considering I only played like six. I got badugi, razz and FL Omaha8... and only made 64 cents in the Saturday WR2, but better than 0 I guess :)

Old
Sun Apr 08, 2012, 04:10 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
not to sure why I carried on just thought id enjoy the good run while I can im still going right now 3 of us left.
I no that I only get a ticket but am enjoing this tourny alot.

Havent got any $ to play on any other tourney.

ALL FOR FUN

Old
Sun Apr 08, 2012, 12:36 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
***moved to better fitting forum JWK24***

Congrats on getting a final table. Getting one in a larger mtt is not an easy thing to do.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 09, 2012, 08:25 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
WTG. congrats on your final table, they are never easy to come by!!

Old
Thumbs up
Way to go! - Mon Apr 09, 2012, 10:14 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Nice run Norman 187. I've final tabled one before and placed 2nd, just played for the fun and challenge and practice of going deep in it after getting a ticket. I also played all of these different tournaments to get practice playing all the different game types, good solid tight play can easily stack you up in these for deep runs from people paying off your monster hands with their marginal holdings.
Good luck with your tickets in the weekly round 2 guys!

Old
Tue Apr 10, 2012, 09:02 PM
(#7)
Since: Nov 2011
Congrats man! Too bad it was a freeroll!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com